Chapter 14

Addison sat in her room as she read some romance novels. She was so attached to it that she didn't even notice Tyler come in. He looked at her and noticed the book.

" What are you reading?". He asked.

" Nothing". She replied, not lifting her head up.

He smirked as he noticed her deep focus and attention to the book.

" It's nothing but you're so hooked up with this". He said and she ignored, still focused on reading the book.

He snatched the book from her and she tried to take it back but he took it far from her reach.

" Hey! Give it back!". She shouted but he ended up reading a few sentences and grinned.

" Hon, you and I know I do it better than these fictive scenes". He said and she buried her face in her pillow embarrassed.

" I just love the book". She muttered.

" Or you just love the s£x scenes". He said and she inched away from him, fearing he might take hold of her.

" No, I don't". She said and he let out a low chuckle.

" In this book, the male lead makes the female lead breathless but I make you weak, vulnerable and paralyzed ". He stated and she stared at him in disbelief.

" Jerk". She muttered but Tyler pretended not to hear her.

" We'll be going somewhere ". He said and she stared at him.

" Huh?".

" You heard me. You'll receive a delivery and make sure you look good". He said.

" But it's 7pm. Where the heck are we going by 7pm. When are we going to return?". She asked.

" You're in no place to ask. Just do as I say". He said and patted her head before leaving. She rolled her eyes seeing how he messed up her hair.

★ Tyler sighed as he went back to his room. He didn't want Addie to tag along but all mafia leaders had decided that every mafia leader brings his woman to the table.

He had refused but they were persistent and he had no choice. The majority had already agreed to it and he knew he would have the chance to kill someone and no one would stop him.

He thought about how worried Addie was when she found out he was poisoned. She was......scared, tensed, terrified.

He couldn't tell what he felt when she hit him but he knew she was mad. Because he didn't care about his life.

He was hellbent on bringing hell to earth on anyone who tried to touch her, not to talk of harming her.

Taking a good look at the gun, he dusted it and fixed it in a secure place in his trousers.

Addison received a package after a while which contained a pair of  designer shoes, bags and the dress.

She freshened up and got dressed in a red v-neck short dress which was tight around her waist so it brought out her curvy waist.

She tried to zip it up but she could barely place her hand across her back. She tried hard but her hand couldn't get to it.

" Need a hand?". She heard and flinched again.

She could never get used to Tyler sneaking up on her like that. She quickly turned to look at him.

" Seriously?". She snapped with a frown as he leaned on the door.

" Do you always have to sneak up on me like that?". She asked and he walked up to her from behind while Addie stared at him through the mirror.

He stared at her as well then to her back. He touched the zip and his fingers brushed her skin causing tingly feelings rush through her body.