1

It was so close, I could feel it. I had Scooby-Doo in my hand, and those other two fools, Fred and Velma, were about to fall into my clutches. There was no way for them to escape. He was invincible! The power of the Daemon Ritus flowed through every fiber of my being, fueling my new form, giving me unimaginable power. I could see the fear in his eyes, and that only made me stronger.

But then, out of nowhere, Shaggy did the unexpected. I felt a brutal pull on my chest, as if a giant hook had been stuck in my soul. I screamed. I couldn't help it. The pain was unbearable! The damned Daemon Ritus, the artifact that had made all this possible, was torn from my body. It was like my heart was being ripped out! I could feel it coming off, tearing away from my skin, which had embraced it like second nature. A searing heat coursed through my chest, burning, burning inside as the power drained through my fingers.

Then the real torment began. The souls, those delicious human souls that he had absorbed, began to escape. One by one, they released themselves from inside me, as if my body was being emptied of its essence. I felt like each one left me, taking a piece of my strength with them. My muscles began to shrink, my body to shrink. My vision was blurring, the ground getting closer and closer as my gigantic form crumbled. The power that had made me a god was fading, and in its place, I was left, the small, weak, insignificant pup.

Scooby, that wretch, kicked me, pushing me to the ground. The impact shook me, but the physical pain was nothing compared to the humiliation. "Be quiet!" Scooby growled. I wanted to kill him.

I wanted to destroy it!

Before I could even think of a plan, they arrived. The police. They surrounded me as if I were a simple criminal, not the master who was destined to rule. They threw me into a dog carrier, like I was a harmless puppy. Anger grew in my chest, replacing the pain. They took me to the helicopter, my flying prison. I squirmed inside that damn cage, but it was useless. I looked over at Fred, that idiot, who now had the Daemon Ritus in a safe deposit box. He squeezed it tightly, as if it were his trophy. My trophy!

As the helicopter took off, I couldn't contain my rage. "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you damn meddlers!" I roared, hitting the bars of the cage. It was a promise, a threat. Because I knew something they didn't know. I would go back for my artifact. And this time, he wouldn't make the mistake of trusting useless henchmen. Soon, the world would fear me again. Soon, the power of the Daemon Ritus would be mine again, and this time... I would not fail.