Chapter 9 : I hate Snakes!

Annabeth's Pov

On the way to the place Elisa pointed out by train, I observed Elisa for a bit. She was around 20 years old, had fair skin and black hair. Her eyes were an unnatural yellow color, I guessed she was wearing contact lenses or it was her Nemesis's genetics. I leaned towards the latter.

-I'm sorry, I just... lost your spear when I fought the Chimera..I'm sorry, please forgive me.

Percy said, there was a hint of guilt in his voice. Well, that's right, he just melted Elisa's spear and stuck it in the Chimera's mouth. It was also the way to kill the Chimera in mythology. Maybe he quickly remembered.

-Ah... it's okay!!

Elisa said. She seemed nervous and tense. She kept looking at me, Percy, Grover, then around the box and out the window. I think she was worried about her teammates, and at the same time felt guilty and suspicious for asking 3 12 year old kids (Grover is 28 but he ages twice as slow as normal people) to rush into the monster's nest.

- So the plan is simple, go to Saint Louis, chase away Edchina's horde, and save the Amazons? Elisa, do you know how many monsters and what kind of monsters there are besides Edchina? And how many people are in your team?

Percy said, he asked Elisa.

-I was so confused that I don't remember how many or what kind of monsters there were. There were only four people in your team to deliver the goods.

Elisa said, her face looking quite down. Percy nodded. He checked his knife again. Now I had time to look closely at his knife, I didn't know what kind of knife it was, but it was golden.
-So can you tell me about the Amazons?

Percy looked up, his face looking interested in the subject.

-We are independent warriors not under the control of Olympus or any other power. Our leader is the queen, the current queen is Allison, daughter of Apollo. Currently we operate mainly as a delivery service to earn income but we are still warrior women. Our headquarters is in Seattles, Washington.

Elisa said, she sounded quite serious, I could tell she loved the Amazons very much.

-Apollo's daughter? I thought the amazon queen should be the daughter of some war god.
Percy asked, his voice curious.

-Many people think so too, Queen Allison ascended the throne due to her predecessor's will, so she received a lot of criticism and opposition. But after a while, people began to acknowledge her talent.

Elisa said, her voice filled with a bit of admiration.

-How did you join the Amazons?

Percy asked, I could see that Grover was quite curious too. I couldn't blame him, I was just as curious.

-Hmm...Because I'm the child of a minor god, normal monsters don't come to me. My father is a lawyer. About 8 years ago, he was assassinated because someone wanted to take revenge on him. I would have died if Miara, a senior in the Amazon, hadn't come in time to help me. From then on, I joined the Amazons. That's all.

Elisa said, her face growing sadder. Percy was speechless, probably feeling guilty for asking such a sensitive question. He was about to apologize.

-But don't go near the Amazons normally.

Elisa said, smiling, making Percy look a little dumbfounded.

-Do you guys hate men? Percy asked, a worried look on his face.

-No, no, it's the opposite. Dia..i mean Artemis's huntress, are the ones who swear to turn their backs on men and tend to hate men. However,We just want to show them who's boss.
Elisa said, shrugging her shoulders. Her hand kept hitting the chair, perhaps a symbol of the pressure, stress, guilt, and a little bit of hyperactivity she was carrying around? Percy immediately understood what she was trying to say and sat closer to Grover.