Chapter 14 : Grover made a deal

Annabeth's pov

-So what do we do now?

Percy asked. Grover and Percy had woken up a few minutes ago. I gave them a quick rundown. Pherusa and Dynemene had gone off to do some sort of sale, no matter how old you are, it's not unusual to like shopping, right? Although they looked down on us.

-I dunno, I've been thinking since I woke up. All we have is one Drachma, all our weapons were taken.

I said, shrugging my shoulders.

-Can't you teleport?

Percy asked, his voice curious and somewhat helpless.

-It's called Shadow Travel and it's basically a form of shadow travel from one place to another. How am I supposed to do that when I can't even move my legs?

I said, explaining Shadow Travel in the most understandable way.

-Really? Can't you teleport multiple people at once too?

Percy asked. I had a feeling he had wanted to ask this question for a long, long time but had only just gotten around to it now.

-No, I'm already exhausted by myself. Adding you guys would probably make me faint on the spot. And besides, it could go wrong, and if it does, it's extremely dangerous.

I said. That's right, Shadow Travel, you don't want to accidentally go to a strange place. Worse, into places like a volcano, the ocean, or something.

-So there's no other way or what? I can't burn the rope, you can't shadow travel. And according to you, we'll have to face a sea god later??

Percy said, if he could cross his arms, he would definitely do that.

-I remember you can control earth and rocks, right?

Grover asked me. When I first came to camp, I caused a few earthquakes due to my mental instability, so he probably remembers this.

-Yeah, but I have to move my legs to control them as I want. With my legs tied like this...

I said.

-Hic, I'm not ready to be grass yet..

Grover said.

-I'm not ready to be ash either.

Percy said. Then both he and Grover looked at me.

-You guys were expecting it to continue... Well, I'm not ready to be my godly sister's domain??

I said. I'm not good at this kind of stuff.

-Actually, we were expecting you to say that you have some kind of supernatural power that can save us like the main characters in comics when they're pushed into a corner.

Percy said.

-I'm not sure I have any powers I don't know about. Training in hell, literally, isn't just for fun.

I said. I don't know if I have any powers I don't know about. Hades would have to tell me, right? He looked desperate enough to tell me all about my potential and train it, after all he was expecting a skilled hero, not a weak little girl who wouldn't know what to do when faced with monsters.

-You did mention being down in Hades' castle.

Grover said, none of them had really thought about it when I said it, other than whether there were any electronics down there.

-Hey, do you guys want to bet?

Percy asked us. Before I had time to think about it, then..

-Wait guys..! Someone's coming!