Chapter 13 : It went Wrong

Annabeth's pov

I found myself in a dark void. I turned around and saw nothing. I have better night vision than normal people but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't see anything. It was more like being in a room painted black than being surrounded by darkness.

What the hell? I was here all of a sudden. Suddenly a yellow light appeared in front of me. Strangely, I moved closer to the light because I had no other choice. Maybe this was a dream.

-Annabeth Chase, daughter of Hades. Nice to meet you.

A voice rang out from the strange light, it was an old man's voice but it sounded strong and powerful.

-Who are you? Is this my dream?

I asked. I couldn't find my sword.

-Yes. This is your dream, Annabeth. I am Kronos, don't you recognize this grandfather? I'm disappointed.

Kronos said, his voice mocking me. So I was right. What was my godly grandfather doing in his granddaughter's dream?

-Kronos..? Why did you want to talk to me

I asked. The gods, old and new, always wanted something and they would let the demigods do it, it seemed to be the law in the demigod world. It was corrupt and disgusting but many considered it a great honor to work for the gods.

-Annabeth Chase, do you remember what happened to me?

Kronos asked me. Kronos had been defeated by his children and had taken the throne. Could it be that he wanted revenge on me now? What have the gods not done to me yet??

-I remember, tell me straight, what do you want from me?

I asked him. I didn't mean to be rude to the gods, I was just extremely wary. A part of me told me this wouldn't lead to anything good.

-I will rise from Tatarus and you are allowed to be a part of my grand plan, you should feel honored Annabeth Chase.

He wants me to help him escape from Tatarus? It will not lead to good results, will never lead to good results for the world.

-So that's all it is? What if I refuse to be a part of it?

-Do you really think you have a choice? Yes, you are given the choice between "dying" and "Becoming a part of my new world". So think carefully, Annabeth Chase. Surely you don't want to be a part of your father's kingdom so soon? After all, I just want my throne back.

Kronos smiled faintly, but then I saw the yellow light flicker and fade. I was about to wake up, I guessed.

-I don't see any reason to accept your offer, Kronos.

I said, trying to sound tough. I knew that Kronos would surely destroy western civilization if he really did rise and conquer Olympus, and no matter how tempting the offer was, I couldn't turn my back on the world, my family, Luke, and my newfound friends and let them be destroyed.

-No? Oh, you're still confused, aren't you? Since I'm generous, I'll give you some time to think. Choose carefully, Annabeth Chase.

Kronos said, and the yellow light disappeared. I don't think he wanted to leave so soon, since he was being held captive in Tatarus, I guess even if he wanted to, he wouldn't be able to maintain the dream for much longer. It's just that it's something that a former king of the gods like Kronos would never accept.

-------------

-Annabeth!

Grover said, shaking my shoulder to wake me up. That's right, I was on Pegasus. Looking at the sky, I could see that it was already evening.