Chapter 6 : I am the worst Stalker ever

Annabeth's pov

Okay, I don't know how this happened! Suddenly something like water hit the bus and now the bus was lying, broken and unusable in the middle of the forest! Um..water..maybe Poiseden? Anyway, this isn't the first time he's been giving me a hard time. Hopefully next time there won't be lightning. I just feel bad for the people I was with..

I managed to crawl out of the bus, and looked around, checking to see if anyone was seriously injured. Luckily no one was seriously injured, just unconscious. I quietly checked on Perseus and Grover, giving them some nectar to make sure they were okay. Maybe because I was a demigod, I had more endurance than a mortal, so I didn't faint or get too badly injured, only some superficial injuries, but it wasn't really a big deal to me.

I crawled out of the car and took a piece of Ambrosia from my pocket and ate it. Since it was the food of the gods, it was delicious, but if I ate too much, it would have a "small" side effect of burning. After eating, my body felt much better. Maybe in a little while, the mortals in the car would wake up and call for help. The red bus that was brand new before was now broken, the people who were still laughing on the bus were now lying on the ground. It was all my fault... damn it! Because of me, they were in danger, because of me...

I shook my head, trying to forget these thoughts. I took out an old photo from my pocket. It was a picture of me and Luke and Thalia together. All three of us had happy smiles on their faces despite the fact that we were all in a very difficult situation (because of me). This was something that made me feel better when I was sad, filling my mind with happy memories to push away the negative feelings that were taking over my mind and heart.

"You two have to live!"

Thalia, I wish I could think like that too. It's hard to stay positive and feel like I deserve to live after causing so much trouble for others.

Suddenly I saw Grover and Perseus get off the bus, I jumped and hid behind a tree. I quietly observed them.

Grover and Perseus probably woke up because of Nectar's healing ability, they looked a bit rough but didn't have many injuries. Now I noticed but Perseus was wearing a shirt with a pretty feminine design and a size that was probably twice his size. His style of dress was quite strange, but he just mentioned something about his mother, maybe that was his mother's shirt. I suddenly felt sorry for him. Then I saw Perseus take out a map from his bag and discuss something with Grover (sorry I was standing too far away so I couldn't hear what they said).

After saying that, Perseus and Grover walked towards the forest, they didn't seem to know where they were going, they just knew that they had to go west as the prophecy said. I followed them. Then suddenly in the middle of the forest appeared a shop? And on the sign appeared a name that I could only vaguely see the letter "M" (That's a big disadvantage when you're a demigod, dyslexic).

Perseus and Grover were greeted by an old lady whose face I couldn't see clearly. But she was wearing a dark brown dress, a white hat that covered her hair. But it seemed like she was luring them into her house. Perhaps there was some kind of spell around the house that made people feel enchanted and attracted to the house, I was also affected even though I was standing at a distance. But the way this made me shiver, remembering the Lotus Hotel, pulling me back to reality. I tried to calm myself by pinching my hand to keep my mind clear. As expected, Perseus and Grover fell into the 'trap' (I know I shouldn't judge too early but things like that can easily be a trap) and went inside. However, Grover seemed more worried, maybe he wasn't completely enchanted yet? Hopefully so.

I tried to get closer to observe the situation. I had to pinch my hands until they turned red to resist the charm. I peeked out the window and saw Perseus and Grover being treated to food by the Lady. Grover seemed to be looking around nervously. That's right, the Lady's house was full of stone statues. This was a statue shop? Who would sell stone statues in the middle of the forest? Perseus was eating deliciously, looking at his food made me suddenly hungry...wait! What am I thinking!?