Chapter 7 : 10 days

Annabeth's Pov

-Grover!?

Perseus crouched down, sitting right next to Grover. I also stood there to monitor the situation. Surely he will be okay? Grover's face was rosy and full of life, less pale but he still hadn't woken up. Maybe he needed to rest. I breathed a sigh of relief in my heart, if anything happened to him, I would regret it for the rest of my life.

Perseus also sighed, his face relaxed as he saw that Grover's condition was better than before. But then he turned his face towards me.

-Hey, Annabeth Chase..thank you? It was..um, it was a dangerous promise, right..If it weren't for you..Hades wouldn't have accepted it.

He was thanking me. Thinking back, I promised to do everything to help the Underworld gain everyone's recognition..it was reckless but I think it was worth it? I can't get a normal life anyway.

-It's okay, but I'm sorry Perseus Jackson..

I said, anyway, stalker people isn't very nice.

-Hey! Just call me Percy! It's weird to be called Perseus! And if you want to go together, just say so! I don't mind!

Percy smiled a little, it seemed like the situation was much better. Fine.

-Why did you bring it up to trade with Hades just now? I mean Medusa's head? How did you know?

I asked, this guy has never met Hades, right? But what he said wasn't superfluous and hit the nail on the head of what Hades wanted. Could it be that he also..?

-Well, I guess I know what a lonely, ostracized person wants.

So my secret guess was correct. Percy said in a slightly pensive voice, his eyes drooping. I understood that feeling, the loneliness of being an unnecessary person. It's like something that when you go through it, you feel strangely empty inside, not feeling anything, but your body feels like crying. And when you remember that feeling, the loneliness inside you flares up like a sad fire

-So when did you know I was following you? And why did you believe I would rush out to save you? Isn't that too reckless?

I changed the subject, loneliness is not a pleasant topic for me and him anyway.

-Oh. Since I crawled out of the bus.

Percy said without caring (I knew he was trying to be modest). Wh- WHAT!? I guessed he saw me peeking out the window so he knew but he knew from that moment?? How the hell did he!?

I was shocked, looking at him with a surprised look. Percy saw the surprised look on my face so he smirked a little, looking smug. He looked exactly like a little brother who just solved his sister's high school math problem and acted modest to be more conceited!

- Haha, you should look at your face right now. After all, it was partly because you were such a bad Stalker. You really think I wouldn't suspect anything about getting into a bus accident but not being seriously injured? Not to mention the smell of your death! Anyway, thanks for Nectar. Since you gave me and Grover Nectar, I guess you're not really a bad person so I risked my life to distract Medusa, after all, if I failed I'd die and if I did nothing I'd still die, so why not try?

Percy said with a laugh. I felt a sense of anger rising in my heart at being laughed at.

- You guessed it all but got fooled by Medusa? Who would sell statues in the middle of the forest! You say that but you're as naive as a child!

I argued back, trying to mock him.

- Look! She used a spell to distract me! It doesn't count, it doesn't count! Good people are rare these days.