Chapter 3 : So Am i still 11,5 years old?

Annabeth's pov

There was a thunderclap right behind me. It was followed by the sound of the waves crashing down as if they wanted to swallow me. I was scared and trembling. I wanted to run away from this place. But I couldn't move my legs, as if a rope was wrapped around me. My whole body was shaking. I crouched down, hugging my legs to forget the raging waves and thunder.

- Are you okay? Thalia put that away! You're scaring her!

A warm voice spoke and I saw Luke reaching out his hand towards me. Next to him was Thalia holding her shield and sword. I wanted to reach out and take their hands and tell them I was okay. When I reached out to take them...

-RUN! YOU TWO HAVE TO BE SAFE, DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME! YOU TWO HAVE TO LIVE!

Thalia screamed, using her body to fight the monster, protecting me and Luke.

-NO,THALIA! I CAN'T LOSE YOU LIKE THAT!

Luke screamed with helplessness filling his voice.

-SOMEONE! ANYONE, PLEASE HELP HER!

He was crying, struggling in the arms of the older and bigger campers. I was frozen, my head couldn't think, my heart felt helpless, guilty, regretful, and the hatred for myself was rising higher than ever. Do something! Annabeth! You can't just stand by and watch Thalia like this! Do something!! DO SOMETHING!

I wanted to scream at myself like that. I hated myself, useless and unable to do anything. Go help or something! You're a child of the big 3! While Thalia was bravely sacrificing herself, Luke was doing everything he could, and you just stood there and watched!?
Thalia smiled comfortingly at Luke and she...sacrificed herself for me and Luke..I can't remember what happened next because I was so shocked

"THAT'S WHY YOU WILL FOREVER BE A DAUGHTER OF HADES THAT SHOULD NOT EXIST."

Oh no...I did it again. Getting into trouble with the children of Ares and hurting someone...I should have behaved better, I should have...I closed my eyes.

And when I opened them I was back to Luke reaching out his hand to me. If I hadn't taken that hand...would Luke and Thalia have been happier? Thalia would have probably still lived and grown up, she would have definitely become a beloved hero instead of ending her life at the age of 12.

I paused, Luke must have seen the hesitation in my eyes.

-What's wrong?

Luke asked with a bit of worry

-Let's go, we'll leave her behind.

Thalia spoke, and coldly turned away. Luke was stunned

-What's wrong Thalia? If we leave her here, she'll die!

Luke spoke with a bewildered look, not understanding why someone like Thalia would come up with such an idea.

-I don't want to die at the age of 12. If we take this girl with us, she will only bring us bad luck and burden. She's the source of all the trouble, all the bad luck that has happened in this world, the things that happened to her are only because she deserved it! Let's just let her die somewhere where no one should know!

Thalia said in an angry voice, blaming me...

I knew those things were true, but when Thalia said that, my heart felt like it was pierced by a knife. It hurt, it hurt a lot, but if that day, they agreed to leave me behind, then maybe...

-------------

I opened my eyes and woke up in a warm bed, the bed next to the Di Angelos was sleeping soundly. Damn, was it a nightmare? I felt a little disappointed that I couldn't fix Thalia and Luke's mistake...