26. Back

Riya's POV

We are standing outside our mansion. After an year.
I missed my home so much. Everything is still the same. The garden is blooming with different types of flowers and the fountain and small lake around it is filled with clean water a few lotus flower blooming in it.

When we stepped down my baby came running to me.
My baby - Rocky.
I rescued him few years back. He was met with an accident and was bleeding hysterically.
We quickly took him to a vet and he was rescued. After that we tried to take him back from where we saved him but he ran behind our car so we adopted him.

When he saw me he launched himself on me licking me and smelling me.
Just like the rest of my family he is very protective of me. Whenever he see someone unknown coming to him either he will bark or growl at them as a warning.

When he calmed down Dadi sa came forward with aarti thaal and did our aarti after that she took red chillies and did a few rounds around our heads to protect us from evil eye.

All of us stepped forward and we immediately move towards our rooms to change.
When we came down we had our lunch and sat down in the living room.
Rocky's head is lying on my head and I am caressing his head softly while we were discussing about my life at my in-laws place.

Everyone was happy to find out that they were treating me right and I was happy.

"Riya baccha prso Friday h aur aapko to pata hi h ki hamare yaha jb beti wapas atti h mayke to Mata ki durduriya krwayi jatti h taki unka ashirwaad bitiya pe bni rhe.
Hum isse Friday ko vo rasam karwayenge koi samasya to nhi h na ?" Dadi mentioned about the ritual.

As many of you don't know what happens in this so let me explain it. When the newly married daughter returns back home from her in-laws house a ritual is done where either 7,11or 13 females are invited to either a temple or house including the family females. The females had to keep fast until the ritual.ends.The goddess idol is placed and a bedsheet is placed at centre, after that they place puffed rice , chick pea and a white sweet dish is placed on the bedsheet infront of every female.

Every female sits around the bedsheet. Some stories about the mercy of goddess are told and when the stories end the females roll the bedsheet before distributing the puffed rice , chick pea and sweets among themselves.
As they roll the sheet they sing sohars - traditional songs sang on special occasions.

After the bedsheet is rolled every female now infront of the idol seeking her blessings for the upcoming future and break their fast.

"Ji nhi dadi humme kaisi problem hogi. Koi problem nhi h." I replied while yawning.

"Humme bahut thakan ho rhi h to kya hum apne kamre mai jaye Aram krne ke liye ?" Asked everyone ensuring that there is nothing important and I can leave.
When all of them nod their head I move towards my room and lie on the bed. I don't even remember when I slept.

--- At night ---

Riya's POV

I was sleeping peacefully when I felt a buzz on my right arm.
Still sleepy I only open my eyes slightly and pick up the phone without checking th I'd.

"Helllooo? Kaun bol Raha haii?"  I ask in my sleepy voice only to recieve a chukle from the other side.

"Mayke Gaye ek din nhi hue aur abhi se aap apne pati ko bhul gyi Rani sa?" I can practically hear the teasing tone in his voice.