48: Refection

☀️🍥☀️

☀️🍥☀️

A few moments after Robin left the ship...

Vivi fell to her knees with tears down her face. "I-I'm so sorry..." she whispered, clutching at her chest. "That woman... I don't have any idea what she's planning! She's dangerous, and we have no clue what her next move is!" Her eyes darted around frantically before locking onto Naruto.

"How could you even be friends with her?" Vivi demanded. "Do you know what she's done to the people of my country? The suffering she's caused?"

Naruto's eyes widened in shock, his breath hitching in his throat. "I-I didn't know..." he murmured.

Vivi's eyes narrowed. "Don't you read the bounties, huh?" she snapped. "Are you really that clueless? You let a woman with a 79 million belli bounty onto this ship without a second thought!"

"Hey! Naruto didn't know anything!" Nami interjected, stepping forward to put a reassuring hand on Naruto's shoulder

Naruto shook his head, his eyes distant as if he were lost in his own thoughts. "I didn't mean to..." he mumbled, his voice breaking as he turned away from the group. "I didn't mean to kill him." His voice cracked, filled with remorse and confusion. Without another word, he turned on his heel and headed below deck.

"Naruto, wait!" Nami called out. her fingers brushing the air where Naruto had been just moments before. She watched as he stormed off but before she could follow him. Zoro stopped her.

"Let him go," Zoro said quietly, his gaze following Naruto's retreating figure. "He needs time to process this."

Nami's eyes flicked back to Vivi, who was standing nearby, her face a mixture of guilt and frustration. Without warning, Nami stepped closer. "Do you blame Naruto for Igaram's death?" she asked

Vivi's eyes widened, and she opened her mouth to respond. "What? Of course I—" she started.

"If you do," Nami interrupted, "I swear to you I will kick you off this ship myself. And you and your precious country can kick itself off the map for all I care."

Vivi swallowed hard. She glanced down at her feet. "I don't blame him for Igaram's death..." she finally said, her voice trembling. "I'm just scared, okay? I have no idea what to do. I'm terrified of losing everything... of losing more people."

Nami's expression softened. "Then don't take it out on Naruto," she said. "He's too trusting for his own good. If we let him, he'd befriend an Admiral, and then offer them a ride on the ship." A faint smile tugged at her lips.

Vivi nodded, her head bowed slightly. "I'm sorry if I—" she began, but before she could finish, Zoro spoke up.

"Don't apologize to us," Zoro cut in.  "Apologize to the kid. He's the one who needs to hear it." Without waiting for a response, Zoro turned on his heel and headed toward the stairs leading below deck.