2| A Penny For Your Thoughts

Psalms 94:19 NIV

[19] When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

BIBLE APP:

https://bible.com/bible/111/psa.94.19.NIV

NIV

This girl was going to change everything.

Just as he was beginning to pull his hand away, there was movement downstairs. Bella’s voice, impatient, calling out for Edward. He froze for a moment, then slipped out of the room just as quietly as he had entered, vanishing into the early morning before Bella could suspect anything.

But his thoughts, his heart, stayed with the girl.

Edward slipped out of the girl's room as silently as he had entered, his movements barely stirring the air around him. The peaceful expression on her sleeping face lingered in his mind, an image he couldn’t shake.

Just as he reached his truck, Bella’s voice cut through the stillness of the morning, calling his name with a hint of impatience.

He felt a jolt of guilt   —a strange, foreign emotion for him—  as if he’d been caught doing something wrong, even though Bella had no idea what had just transpired.

He moved with purpose now, his mind a swirling mess of confusion. The pull he had felt toward the girl, the overwhelming sense of connection   —it wasn’t something he had ever experienced before.

Not even with Bella. He pushed the thought away as he approached his truck, trying to maintain the calm facade he always wore around her.

Bella was waiting for him, leaning against the vehicle, arms crossed. Her face lit up when she saw him, her usual warmth and affection evident in her eyes. But as he drew closer, Edward couldn’t help but notice how different her gaze felt today.