ch. 23

The gentle sound of rain tapped against the window, creating a soft and soothing rhythm in the background. Nunew sighed contentedly as he laid his head on Zee’s chest, feeling the steady rise and fall of his alpha’s breathing beneath him. The warmth and safety he felt in Zee’s arms were unmatched, but there was one thing Nunew loved more than anything: when Zee played with his hair.

Zee’s fingers threaded slowly through Nunew’s soft locks, carefully untangling and smoothing them as he went. It was a simple, repetitive motion, but for Nunew, it was pure bliss. Every time Zee’s fingers grazed his scalp, a wave of calm washed over him, making him feel even more at ease.

“This is your favorite, isn’t it?” Zee teased gently, his voice low and affectionate as he glanced down at Nunew. He could feel the way his omega relaxed entirely against him, almost melting into his embrace.

Nunew nodded against Zee’s chest, his eyes half-closed as he let out a soft hum of agreement. “Mmm, it is. I love it when you play with my hair, Hia.”

Zee chuckled softly, continuing his gentle movements, his fingertips dancing along Nunew’s scalp in slow, soothing patterns. “You’re easy to please,” he joked, but there was nothing but affection in his tone. He knew just how much Nunew enjoyed these small, intimate moments, and Zee loved indulging him.

“It’s one of the best feelings,” Nunew murmured, his voice quiet and full of contentment. “When you do this, I feel like I could stay here forever.”

Zee smiled, leaning down to press a soft kiss to Nunew’s head. “I wouldn’t mind that. We could stay like this all day if you want.”

Nunew smiled lazily, his heart swelling with happiness. Being close to Zee, with his alpha’s hands gently playing with his hair, made everything else fade away. It was just the two of them, wrapped in their own little world of comfort and love.

As the rain continued to fall outside, they stayed like that—Zee’s fingers tangled in Nunew’s hair, Nunew curled up against Zee’s chest—enjoying the simple joys of being together. There was no need for words or grand gestures. In moments like these, the quiet affection between them was all they needed to feel connected.

And as the hours passed, Nunew knew that this—being held by his alpha and having his hair played with—was one of the greatest comforts in the world. It was a reminder of how deeply they were bonded, how much they cared for each other, and how happy they were just being together.