ch. 26

The next morning, the sunlight streamed through the windows, filling the room with a soft, golden glow. Zee and Nunew had spent the night wrapped in each other’s arms, basking in the comfort of their new home. The serene atmosphere was abruptly broken by a series of enthusiastic knocks on the door.

Zee stirred and looked over at Nunew. “I think that might be one of my siblings or all 3 of them,” he said, his voice still groggy from sleep.

Nunew stretched and smiled. “Let’s see who it is.”

Zee pulled on a pair of jeans and opened the door, only to find his twin brother, Lian, and the other brothers Max and Tutor standing there, each with broad smiles and a few bags in hand.

“Surprise!” Lian said cheerfully. “We thought we’d come by and see how you two are doing.”

Max and Tutor carried a selection of food items, clearly ready to make a meal out of the visit. “We brought breakfast,” Max said, holding up a basket of pastries and fruits.

Zee grinned, stepping aside to let them in. “Thanks for dropping by. You didn’t have to bring anything, but I appreciate it.”

As Lian, Max, and Tutor entered, Nunew greeted them warmly. “Hi, everyone. It’s great to see you again.”

The group set up breakfast in the kitchen, quickly transforming the space into a lively, bustling area. The aroma of fresh pastries and coffee filled the house, creating a cozy, inviting atmosphere.

“Thank you for this,” Nunew said as he helped Tutor arrange the food. “You didn’t need to go through all this trouble.”

Tutor waved his hand dismissively. “It’s no trouble at all. We wanted to make sure you’re both settling in okay and catch up a bit.”

As they enjoyed breakfast together, the conversation flowed effortlessly. Lian and Max shared amusing stories from their recent adventures, while Tutor chimed in with updates and anecdotes. Zee watched with pride as Nunew engaged with his friends, feeling a deep sense of contentment.

Nunew laughed along with the stories and felt truly welcomed. It was clear that Zee’s friends cared about him, and seeing them interact so comfortably made him feel even more at home.

After they finished eating, Lian, Max, and Tutor began packing up, preparing to leave. “We should get going,” Lian said, glancing at the time. “But we’ll definitely come by again soon.”

Zee walked them to the door. “Thanks for coming. It was really nice to see you all.”

As they departed, Nunew turned to Zee with a thoughtful expression. “I really appreciate how your friends make me feel included,” he said softly. “It means a lot to me.”

Zee smiled, pulling Nunew into a warm hug. “They care about you just as much as I do, Nhu. You’re part of our circle now.”

Nunew hugged Zee back, feeling a swell of affection. “I’m glad to be here with you.”

The day continued with a renewed sense of connection and warmth, and as they settled into their new routine, Zee and Nunew felt more confident than ever that their life together was truly falling into place.