Part 7

Alen

'Can we kill him?'

'No.' My phone vibrates once more as I stare at it, watching another string of photos that Ethan has been sending me for the past hour, of him and Aria walking around town.

With my mate.

Another photo pops up and the idea of killing him is beginning to sound more and more appealing. I might actually consider it.

'Let's kill him.' Milo speaks up once again, his voice sounding more and more annoyed as Ethan begins to send written messages. And you can imagine what they're saying, the messages being a clear sign that he's trying to piss me off.

And it's working.

'I'll think about it.' I answer Milo as I shove my phone in my pocket.

I need to get Aria's cabin ready by the time she gets here and I've been busy trying to get it filled with anything she could possibly need.

I've been leaving hints of my scent here and there, hoping that it would calm any nerves that are bothering her when she arrives.

The urge to just bring her back to my cabin is strong but I'll admit that the fear of rejection is stronger.

'You're avoiding it.'

'I'm not.'

'You are. An alpha does not hide from their mate, you embarrass me.'

I sigh in annoyance at Milo's jab but the sudden knock on the door unknowingly stops the 100th argument between me and him as my body stills.

I only freeze for a moment as the familiar scent of Ivy and Esther catches my attention. "Knock again." Esther's voice can be heard from outside the door followed by the continuous loud knocks— nonstop as I go to swing it open.

A giant grin is plastered on Ivy's face as Esther stands next to her, leaning against the door frame with a small smile on her face.

"I heard about your new lover." Ivys grin couldn't possibly get any bigger.

"Course you did. Ethan?" I guess, already knowing the answer. Nothing gets past these three, they don't go more than a day before they find out whatever secret someone's been holding.

"Yup, he said you needed help setting up here." She smiled

"There's no need, I'm already done." I sigh

"Good, we were supposed to come help you over an hour ago but we had better things to do." Esther says, "we thought we'd give you a heads up that Ethan's bringing her here in a few minutes." She drops

I stare at her for a second, "Thanks." And I shut the door.

Those three are going to give me gray hairs. Ivy my lead Hunter and Esther my lead Warrior, couldn't ask for anyone better to take those positions but those three are unbearable.

A couple last minute checks around the cabin and I manage to leave through the sliding patio window in Aria's room. I shift into my wolf form and I head towards the trees as I wander farther away from the cabin, but my heart tugs and I stop.

The sound of leaves crunching raises my ears but the sound of her voice cursing has me instantly walking towards her without a thought as she comes into my view and regains her footing.

She hears my footsteps and I lower my head as she looks at me. I take a step forward and she takes one back, her eyes are wide and confused as I stop moving towards her. My heart gets heavier with each second that passes but the weight instantly gets lifted the minute I see her taking a small step towards me.