Chapter 27 (The End)

8 years later

A cozy living room filled with soft sunlight streaming through the windows. Sohee is sitting on the floor, surrounded by her coloring books and crayons, while Sunoo is lounging on the couch, scrolling through his phone. Heeseung is in the kitchen, preparing a snack for the three of them.

---

“ Papa, can I ask you something? Sohee asked Sunoo, looking up from her coloring

Sunoo replied putting his phone down, “Of course, sweetheart! What’s on your mind?”

Tilting her head, Sohee asked, “Why do you and Daddy always look at each other like you’re sharing a secret?”

Sunoo chuckled at Sohee’s cuteness, “Well, sometimes we do have our little secrets. But mostly, it’s just because we love each other a lot.”

Sohee was grinning when she heard the word love and innocently asked, “Like how I love my teddy bear?”

Sunoo replied, “Exactly! Just like that.”

Sohee again asked after pausing for a second, “But what if I want to share a secret with you both?”

Sunoo smiled warmly, “You can always share your secrets with us, Sohee. We’re a family, and families share everything.”

Heeseung came to the living room, walking in with a plate of snacks, “Did I hear someone talking about secrets?”

Sohee giggled, “Daddy! I was just asking Papa why you two look at each other like you’re sharing secrets!”

Heeseung couldn’t stop his smile, “Well, sometimes we are sharing secrets, like what to get you for your birthday!”

Sohee eyes widen, “Really? You’re planning something? ”

Sunoo winked at Heeseung, “Maybe we are, maybe we aren’t.”

Heeseung playfully added, “But if we tell you, it won’t be a surprise anymore!”

Sohee pouted, “Aww, but I want to know!”

Sunoo laughed at Sohee’s cute angry face, “How about this: if you finish your coloring, we’ll give you a hint.”

“Okay! I’m going to color the best picture ever!” Sohee was determined to complete her color

Heeseung sat down next to her, “I can’t wait to see it. You know, Sohee, your art is one of my favorite things in the world.”

Sohee blushed, “Really? Even more than Papa’s cooking?”

Sunoo pretended like he was offended, “Hey! That’s a tough competition!”

Heeseung laughed at the cuteness of his husband and daughter, “I think we can both agree that we love you the most, Sohee.”

Sohee was beaming with joy, “I love you both too!”

Sunoo leaned  toward Sohee, “And remember, no matter what secrets we have, we’re always here for you.”

Heeseung nodded, “Always.”

---

Sohee grabbed her crayons, “Okay! Time to color!”

Sunoo watched her, “I can’t wait to see what you create, my little artist.”

Heeseung pulled Sunoo closer and hugged him, “And after that, we’ll have our little secret snack time together.”

Sohee excitedly said, “Yay!”

And Sunoo blushed 

---

The warmth of their family bond fills the room as Sohee dives into her coloring, while Sunoo and Heeseung exchange loving glances, grateful for their little family.

Heeseung and Sunoo had always faced challenges, but their love for each other and their newfound family brought them a sense of peace and fulfillment in their new life in Australia. The vibrant culture, stunning landscapes, and welcoming communities provided a fresh start for the three of them.

Their home was a cozy, sunlit apartment near the beach, where the sound of waves crashing against the shore became a soothing backdrop to their daily lives. Heeseung, with his nurturing nature, often took the lead in creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. He decorated their home with plants and colorful artwork, making it a reflection of their journey together. Sunoo, on the other hand, brought laughter and joy into their lives with his playful spirit. He loved to cook, often experimenting with new recipes that combined their cultural heritage with Australian flavors, much to Sohee's delight.

Sohee, their adopted daughter, was a bright and curious child. She thrived in her new environment, making friends at school and exploring the local parks and beaches. Heeseung and Sunoo made it a point to immerse her in both their cultures, celebrating traditional holidays and teaching her about their backgrounds. They often took family trips to explore the natural beauty of Australia, from the Great Barrier Reef to the lush rainforests, instilling in her a love for adventure and nature.

As a family, they faced the occasional challenges of being a non-traditional family in a new country, but they found strength in each other. Heeseung and Sunoo became advocates for acceptance and love. They built a supportive network of friends who embraced their family dynamic, creating a sense of belonging for Sohee.

Over time, their parents, who had initially struggled to accept their relationship, began to come around. They visited Australia, witnessing the love and happiness that Heeseung, Sunoo, and Sohee shared. Slowly but surely, they started to understand that family is not just about blood but about love, support, and acceptance.

In the evenings, the three of them would often sit on their balcony, watching the sunset paint the sky in hues of orange and pink. They would share stories, laughter, and dreams for the future. Heeseung and Sunoo knew that their journey had not been easy, but they had built a life filled with love, acceptance, and hope. Together, they were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, knowing that their bond as a family was unbreakable.

---------------------------------------------------------

The end

It was so boring 😮‍💨

Thanks for reading this story.

I am really thankful to everyone who read this and who commented.

It inspired me a lot to write. I hope I will make some good stories in the future ❤️

Hope you like this chapter and the story.

Sorry for the mistakes. I think I improved a bit in writing than before