16| I can't control it

"It was Bonnie."

"But can you be so sure?"

I look at Lizzie. Bonnie was unsure of her powers but she was powerful. She is. I believe she's alive. It makes sense.

"She's the only person who's ever been able to get inside my mind." I say. "I couldn't move because of my mind being tampered with.. it was her."

I turn around and look at my father. He's standing in the parking lot. I leave Lizzie and walk towards him. He came because of the dead wandering the earth. He stayed to make sure I was okay after I was used to bring some people back.

I knew his stay here was only temporary. This is a goodbye. I can already feel it.

"You're going back?"

"How did you know?"

"I'm gonna miss you."

He looks surprised at my words. It's the truth. I will. Everyone sees the great Klaus Mikaelson, the Hybrid, the monster. But me? I see my father. A man who loves me unconditionally despite his own upbringing.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Little Wolf."

I smile and throw my arms around him. He's hesitant at first. I pull apart from him. He grabs my head and smiles. I walk back towards the school.

I look over my shoulder and he's gone. I walk inside. I look down the hall and at the very end I see Bonnie. I blink and everything that was once around us is gone. The hallway is no longer filled with students. This is in my mind.

"Bon.."

"Help me."

"Where are you?" I ask. "W-what's happening?"

"I'm sorry."

"Rory?"

I blink and stare at Stiles right in front of me. He looks at me with nothing but concern.

"You okay?"

"Not really."

I walk around him but he follows. I hate how much he cares.

"Just talk to me."

I want to but I can't.

"Scott told me."

I stop and look at him.

"He what?" I ask. "I'm gonna kick his ass."

I head towards the boys locker room but am stopped. Allison steps in front of me with a smile on her face.

"We still good to go shopping after school?"

I totally forgot I agreed to that. It was actually my idea. I haven't really gone shopping and I need some serious retail therapy.

"Lizzie has something to do so it's just gonna be us."

"I'm so excited. I've never really.. had friends."

I feel for Allison. Her family has moved around a lot which means she's never really had the time to form friendships. I was never really big on having a big friend group. I made it up in my mind that I didn't need them.

Having friends means having love for them. And with that comes a weakness. Being who I am, I never want someone to use the people I love against me.

I can already feel a bond forming with Allison. A bond that I know will destroy me. I hate it but I don't at the same time. I always had Bonnie and I was okay with that but now I don't really know what that means for us. I don't know how our story will end but I do know that Allison is here.