𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉

༺༒༻
Tw: death, overdose

I left his house and got mine before dinner. I knew something wasn't right because not a word was exchanged during dinner.

Sure enough, I wasn't going to be the one talking first. I might have dug my own grave with that.

So I didn't, and what a relief this awkward dinner was. If the silence was to be broken, there would be room for a fight.

I shut myself off in my room after dinner.

Already predicting my insomnia I take a sleeping pill and get in bed as soon as I can.

Waking up alone in bed was somehow weird. A crushing feeling of rejection and loneliness evaded me.

I have perfect consciousness that my loved one loves me back but being away from him feels awful.

The bed just feels cold and the bedroom bland without him.

I'll see him again today. Was the one thought that got me out of bed. I've been so tired.

~

He didn't show up for school, neither did Osamu. I was concerned but since they were both slipping they must be together, that's reassuring.

Atsumu mentioned they went out last night and Osamu hadn't gone home yet.

Checking my phone, I find a missed call from Suna's mother.

Without a single ounce of hesitation, I call her back. As I awaited a response the bell rang, meaning I would be late for class.

"Hello? Is this Y/n?" She asked from the other line.

"Yes."

"Suna is in the hospital, you should come here." Her voice just sounded cold, no particular emotion could be identified.

Fucking hell. I left school with just my phone in my hand and practically ran all the way to the hospital.

As soon as I enter I find his mom at the entrance, waiting for me, with tears streaming down her face.

"Come here hunny." She says wrapping me in a hug before leading me to a room where I assumed Suna was.

Entering that room is a memory I simply won't forget so easily.

The room seemed tiny, there were doctors and nurses tending around the bed and Aiko and Osamu remained quiet in a corner so as not to disturb.

Time has never gone by so quickly and so slow at the same time. My movements seemed to be slow paced yet all the sounds seemed to cross my ears so fast that it was overwhelming.

When silence finally set in the room only the beep of the heart was heard. The doctors had tried everything at that point, he was dead.

I wasn't meant to go through this. I was meant to have a normal boring teenage life, parents getting divorced and partying with fake people who only knew how to gossip about things that didn't concern them.

I can't go through the death of my lover, the one closest to me.

Now the friends and relatives in the room weren't simply weeping, we were wailing and sobbing.

His death hit us all deeply. I had never even seen a dead body before, the funerals I had been to had a closed casket.

I wouldn't even be able to tell he had died if it wasn't for the machine connected to him.

They sent us away so they could take him away and care for the paperwork.

The women stayed to help out, me and Osamu took our wet salty faces out of the hospital and into the park where we shared a cigarette.

Shock was the best way to describe our feelings at the moment.

The quiet was only broken when Osamu shakily tried to explain what happened.
"I was there with him, in his last moments. I called the ambulance as soon as it happened. He shouldn't have died."

He took my silence as an invitation to continue. "We were just partying and I was already high. I had told him not to do it, but I didn't stop him for real. I shouldn't even have been high in the first place. Especially around him."

"It's not your fault." I state what I thought he needed to hear.

"But it is. Me being high is an excuse I was conscious enough to stop him and I didn't. I was afraid he would hate me for being a mood killer, now I hate myself for being a killer."

"Shut up." My tone still quiet.

He does as I told him to.

༺༒༻

An:
Ngl this was really forced I fear. I'm done with this fanfic I hope y'all enjoyed it cus I didn't.
I had a different ending for this but I got fucking lazy and I just started hating this story so much that I decided to kill Suna, I'm sorry y'all.