Chapter Twenty One

~Alessandro~

I gazed out the window of my private plane, the city below a distant blur as I contemplated my next move. The meeting with Marcello had been fruitful, securing a new alliance that would bolster my empire's grip on the East Coast and help with the Cassano issues. My mind whirled with strategies to dismantle the cassano and Costello families, to crush their spirits and eliminate any threat to my dominance.

But then, Gabito, one of my most trusted lieutenants, approached me, his expression grave. "Don, we have a problem."

My gut tightened, sensing something was off. "What is it?" I asked, my voice firm, but a hint of unease creeping in.

Gabito hesitated before speaking, his voice low and measured. "Ms Amelie is missing."

The words dropped like a bombshell, sending my world reeling.

My face twisted in rage, my eyes blazing with fury. "What do you mean she's missing?" I spat, my voice low and menacing.

Gabito took a cautious step back. "We received a call from Cameriera Maria"

I gritted my teeth, trying to convince myself that I didn't care. That Amelie disappearance meant nothing to me. But the rage burning within me betrayed my lies.

She was gone. Again. The thought echoed in my mind, fueling my anger. I tried to tell myself I hated her, that she was nothing but a nuisance, a constant thorn in my side. But my actions betrayed me.

I had obsessed over her for years, consumed by a passion that bordered on madness. And now, she is gone.

I slammed my fist onto the armrest, the sound echoing through the plane's cabin. "Find her," I growled, trying to convince myself it was just about possession, about ownership. But deep down, I knew it was more.

I couldn't shake the feeling that she had left me willingly, that she had chosen to escape, to flee from our toxic marriage. The thought seared my mind, fueling my anger, my obsession.

I tried to tell myself I didn't care, that I hated her, but my actions spoke louder than words. I was consumed by a desire to find her, to bring her back, to make her mine again.

The plane's cabin seemed to shrink, suffocating me. I couldn't breathe, couldn't think. My chest heaved, my breath coming in ragged gasps. I felt like I was drowning in my own rage, my own obsession.

And then, a thought occurred to me - what if she never wanted to come back? What if she had finally found the courage to leave me for good? The thought was like a knife to the gut, twisting, turning, tearing me apart.

No, I refused to believe it. Amelie was mine, my possession, my love. I would find her, bring her back, and make her pay for trying to leave me. Again.

I stepped out of the car and onto the winding driveway, my eyes fixed on the grand estate before me. The house loomed, its windows like empty eyes staring back. I felt a sense of unease, a growing dread that something was terribly wrong.

I entered the house, my footsteps echoing through the foyer. Maria, the housekeeper, greeted me with a nervous smile. "Welcome home, sir."

I nodded curtly, my mind still reeling from Gabito's words on the plane. Amelie was missing. "Maria, I need to know what happened to Amelie," I said, my voice low and urgent.

Maria's smile faltered. "Oh, sir...I was worried sick. I didn't know what to do."

"Tell me," I pressed, my impatience growing.