Chapter Twenty Five

~AMELIE~

Time froze as they walked inside closing the door behind them it had been months since i last saw them. I had thought I was never going to see them ever again but here they are, even after how they tried to push me under the bus with the Genovese family. My gaze went to Larissa who's gaze was downcast. Mom's eyes seemed hesitant.

Alessandro made me hate him all these while for nothing? I have a lot of things to say, a lot of questions that needed answers but my mouth wouldn't open.

Dad moves closer and carefully take my hands in his. Then pulled me for a hug. A warm one that I didn't realize how much I've missed it until now. I burst out crying.

Feeling more calm and relaxed now, dad gently stroke my hair.

"Amelie, we're sorry" he said softly.

"... we should have listened to you, supported you and face everything together as family" he continued. I narrowed my eyes.

"Sorry? That's it?"

Mom took a tentative step closer.

"We want us to be one family again. Amelie we love you"

I shook my head.

"You don't even know me"

Larissa intervened, her voice soft. She has always being the favorite one. Always.

"That's not true Amelie , we may not have been perfect, but we do love you" I gazed at her. The silence hung heavy, filled with unspoken words and unresolved emotions.

As I looked at them, my family, I felt a mix of emotions, anger, hurt, and longing. Their presence brought back memories. Painful ones. Larissa stepped forward. Her voice filled with conviction.

"Amelie, I'm sorry for not being the best big sister. I ran away from my responsibilities and left you to face them. I was sacred" a small smile made way to her lips.

"But I can tell how deeply Alessandro cares for you. He even had to make dad and mom stayed away cause he didn't want them to make you fee miserable" she continues

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that alone. You Must have been so scared" she sobs hugging me and I returned it.

"And I can say for a fact that mom and dad are genuinely sorry. They've changed as well"

"What makes you say that?" I asked. Larisaas pulled away from the hug and smiled softly.

"I've seen how they've struggled, Amelie they realize their mistake"

"Okay" I said, taking a deep breath.

Mom's face lit up with hope.

"Thank you Amelie" she whispered. Dad nodded, his eyes shining.

"We'll make it right" he promised.

But as I looked at them, I knew forgiveness wouldn't be easy.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><

Days blended together as I settled back into my normal daily routine. Reconciling with my family had brought a sense of closure and Alessandro's unexpected heroism, had left me reeling.

After that evening and our heated argument, I haven't seen him. He's hardly at home and even if he was, he won't leave his study all day.

I spent my mornings with Maria in the kitchen and some afternoon with Amira at the local animal shelters. I realize these people were also in normal businesses. I also got to find out from her that Alesssnro owns a couple clubs and restaurants around the world. That exclude the family main business.