When the Truth Comes Out

(Y/N's POV)

Alas! I'm home!

Well, meeting the pervert trio surely wasn't on my bingo list, but hey!

Wouldn't it be fun if I give them a redemption arc? Particularly the true protagonist of Highschool DxD.

"heh...Hyodou Issei..."

I smirked at myself as I plopped down the couch of my house, alright then...

Shall we try and make that happen?

Just before I could open the system, Mittelt showed up, a ladle in hand and a messed up apron.

"Oh Mittelt? You're cooking dinner?"

She looked at my current position until I realized...

Oh yeah, this was rude...

"(Y/N) (L/N)! You really just relaxed huh? Not even bothering to help your lover to make food!?!?"

She said, her arms crossed, slowly walking towards me, I laughed nervously before standing up awkwardly.

"Hehe... Sorry..."

I said, rubbing the back of my head, if I could see special effects in real life, she probably has the tick mark on her forehea-

Before I could finish I was bombarded with cheek pinch and smacks of her ladle in hand.

~~~~~

Well that hurts...

Currently I am in a sitting position, Mittelt still angry looking down on me, hold on is that betrayal? Oh come on Mittelt!

"Hey, Mittelt, sorry for being home so late... I was uh... I met a devil on the way back so..."

Just then, her angry expression turned into a worried one, she dropped the ladle on the table before examining me.

"(Y/N)! I told you working for that academy was a bad idea! Did the demon do anything to you? Any chess pieces they give? Paper slips?"

She said rapidly, I tried calming her down before replying.

"H-hey! Mittelt! It's alright! The devil didn't do anything!"

She stopped examining before looking at me directly, eye to eye to be precise, her eyes were watery, if I could say she was about to cry!

I shouldn't have lied! This is on me now!

"H-hey..Mittelt.. I was joking! Yeah joking! I didn't meet any devils!"

Her expression softened, before she gave me a pout turning away for a bit, I could hear her say "I'm glad..." Or something...

Oh wait...

I smell something...

"Uh... Mittelt? Did you forget to turn off what you were cooking?"

"Ah..."

Just then, realization hit the both of us...

"THE FOOD!"
"THE FOOD!"

Both of us said in unison rushing to the kitchen I already grabbed the fire extinguisher.