Chapter 1

"Yeah, I know. They've been fighting more than usual. I honestly want them to just leave each other. My brother always cries and I for a fact think a life without my mom would b amazing. Well see you tomorrow its our last day of sophomore year! Hell yeah!!"

I hung up the phone and saw my brother crying. I motion him towards me and he begins to say something but it wasn't understandable.

"Lauren?" My brother Chris says. He has always been very sentimental. My dad would always make fun of him but one can not control their emotions. I have felt this way all my life. A person does things because of their emotions. When emotions are not on their best they need to find their tranquility.

"Yeah? What's up?" I tried to say calmly even with the fighting going on in the living room

"You think mommy and dad are getting a divorce?" Those words hit me hard. A divorce. I was all up for it and honestly wanted them to divorce real bad ,but I never took into consideration of my brother. He looked so worried while telling me these words.

"Honestly Chris, if they do its for the better. Mommy will be happy and dad will be too. They will still treat us the same I promise. The only difference is mom and dad will live on their own ways."

"You know I always pray to Jesus that they would stop fighting, but there's  no use."

"Listen, He does things for a reason and if a divorce will happen. Its for the better. Now let's go to bed or you'll be very sleepy tomorrow."

"Can I sleep with you please? I get scared."

"Yah sure thing, let me go get a pillow for you."

I walked out of the room quietly seeing my dad making himself comfortable in the couch. I look at him and wonder what went wrong in this marriage.

"Lauren? Mija is that you?"

I quickly got my brother's pillow and went back to my room. I didn't need a lecture from my dad tonight.

"Here you go buddy." Chris got the pillow from my hands and fell asleep. I couldn't go to sleep. I kept thinking about tomorrow my last day. Finally is all I could think of. Then it hit me what if my parents get a divorce, what will happen to Chris and me? Who's gonna go with who?

Camren will happen later on but soon. Comment if I should continue ily