Chapter 2

The alarm went off at 6:30 am. I slept for a good 3 hours. I've been such a mess lately but I've tried to be so positive for the body next to me. I'll give him a couple more minutes to sleep.

"Lauren? Why didn't you wake me up? I want to get to school early. Before mom an dad wake up. Take me please?"

"Wait why?"

"I don't want to see them fight again. We can go eat somewhere! Yeah!!"

"Fine but hurry and be quiet."

I quickly got ready and got my keys. I helped Chris put on his shoes and drove to the nearest McDonald's. He was extremely quiet on the ride over there.

"Chris? What's up buddy?"

"I don't know. I'm just very sad."

I see a tear drop coming from his eye and pulled the car over.

"Care to explain why?"

"You see, I just don't remember the last time I saw my mom and dad not fight. I have a couple friends at school who's parents are so loving and I get jealous. I wish mommy and daddy were still like that."

I gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. He was laughing and crying at the same time. I began to do he same thing as well. Life was good with my little brother.

We ate and I drove him too his school. It was a couple blocks from mine and honestly I just wanted to get this day over with.

"Lauren!! Hey!!"

"Crap Mani. You fucking scared me!"

"Sorry but I'm so excited to leave this hell for 2 months! Fuck we're gonna be juniors!"

"Calm down. We have two more finals and then you can celebrate."

Was continued to talk while walking to our next class. Normani kept talking about how amazing junior year will be. She had the perfect solution for our single lives,but I was cool just being with myself. If someone came along the way I wouldn't mind.

"Lauren?lauren!"

"Yah woah sorry. What's up?"

"You've been a little off lately? What's wrong?" She had a concerned face. Should I tell her? She knows about my parents arguing and stuff but not about them being close to leaving each other.

"Its my parents. They keep fighting and I can't stand the look in Chris' eyes. He looks so terrified."

"Aww Lo, it'll be okay. I'll be praying for you."

"Thanks Mani and the worse part is that he told me that he is jealous of the kis in his school that have loving parents. Oh and he doesn't remember the last time he saw them being nice to each other. That made me feel like shit."

"Listen, after these finals why don't you and Chris come to my house? We'll watch a movie or something."

"Yeah sure let me just tell my mom"

Shit. I didn't call her to tell her I took Chris to school. I texted her and told her I would pick him up. Let this school day pass by fast I beg.