Chapter 6

Today was the second day of school and still no friends. I decided to call Normani to see how she was but she did not answer. She was either asleep or at school, I suck at time zones. I was walking to my English AP class and I see no sign of Camila. I stayed outside waiting for her. I see her walking towards the door,as I was going to greet her she walks in the room ignoring my company. I ignored her but yet had a feeling I should sit next to her so that's what I did. Minutes later Brad came in. He gazed around the room and I tried to keep my head down but he noticed me.

"Lauren! Hey!"

"Hey Brad"

Surprised to Camila said
"Brad it seems as if all the seats are taken, go sit down somewhere else"

"Oh well alright then umm uhh..."

"Fuck off and leave Lauren alone she makes this face of disgust when she sees you"

"Oh what so now your her girlfriend or something? I think she can defend herself right Lauren?"

"Just leave Brad"

The whole class was attentive to our conversation. The teacher ignored us, he was glued to who knows what on his phone. I turned back to see Camila looking down on her desk somewhat crying.

"Ca..Camila? Umm"

"What Lauren?!"

"Umm nothing forget about it"

The day seemed as if would never end. The only thing on my mind was Camila and how she hated Brad but why I wondered. I looked everywhere for her until I remembered the place I saw her at after school.

There she was lighting a cigarette with another girl. I never saw her hanging out with anyone.

"Umm Camila? Can I talk to you?"

"Uh yeah what's up Lauren?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that this here what you are doing is bad?"

"Never love this is when I feel happy"

"What if I can make you happy without that or at least teach you?"

" I don't think that's possible huh Sofi"

The girl nods. She was probably a freshman no older than a junior.

"Sofi?"

"Oh yeah oh this is my sister Sofi, she's 16"

"16 and smoking. Dear don't follow your sister's path"

She didn't respond all she did was light another cigarette and handed it to me.

"Lauren you should try it!"

"Oh no Camila I just gave this big speech about not smoking"

"Fuck speeches in fact just live a little! One won't hurt"

"If I do this horrible act will you tell me why you acted that way with Brad?"

" fuck off Lauren"

"See I've been observing you"

"Observing me? For fucks sake Lauren you don't even know me!"

"But I would like too and from what I've seen you hate Brad. Yeah he can be annoying and cliche"

"More than annoying and falling for the new girl? Lauren don't talk to him"

"Why?"

"Just.. Cmon Sofi lets go home"

"So now you don't have those mysteriously cousins picking you up b you're just going to leave?"

All she did was walk away the opposite direction I was in and held Sofi's backpack. I left home wait home such a joke to call this home.

Short chapter but here you go