Chapter 4

It's been a week and I still on't have the confidence to ask my mother why she didn't want us to come home. My thoughts go from her having an affair to my dad mistreating her. I don't know what else could of happened. While listening to music I could hear my parents arguing about who knows what now.

Go downstairs Lauren. Maybe you can stop the fight.

"Lauren don't go."
Shocked at my brother for speaking up I listened. I went back to my room and put my music back.

Morning the next day

I woke up to complete silence in the house. I got up brushed my teeth and put my hair in a bun. Walking downstairs I saw my mom on her laptop,which was strange.

"Hey mom? Watcha doing?"
"Uh.. Lauren... I should probably tell you first or with your brother together. I'm not su.."
"Mom, just say it. You know how I hate it when people keep things away from me."
"If it wasn't obvious, your father and I are.. We're getting a divorce.."
"Oh..umm.."
"And we're kinda moving too."
"I mean this fucking sucks but I can see you in the weekends and stuff."
"Lauren. No honey. We're moving. Chris, you and I. Uh we're moving to Boston with my parents"

I saw that my dad's truck wasn't in the driveway and got up . I don't know what to do. Why do these things happen. How am I supposed to leave everything behind? My school, friends? Things weren't the best but I loved my life here!

"It's all your fault you know!"
"Lauren what are you talking about?!?"
"You don't fucking express your emotions! You don't say what's on your mind and keep things away from us!"
"Lower your voice young lady! I am your mother and I am doing this for your and Chris' best! So go to your room and pack your bags! We're leaving in three hours! I just bought our plane tickets! Pack Chris' bags too"
"Pack your bags?!? What do you mean?!? We're not leaving today. Fuck no!"
"Get your brother we're leaving."

I ran up to my room and called Normani. How was I going to leave my best friend? I've known her since pre-k. How the fuck am I supposed to leave this place? I grew up here! Leaving to another school, new friends? Foolishly, I listened to my mother and packed my bags. I called Normani many times but I didn't get an answer.

"Lauren, come down stairs we're leaving"

I went downstairs and my Chris was crying. My mother was not paying attention to the boy. I grabbed his hand and walked out.

"Are we not saying bye to papi?"
"I don't think so buddy"

He signed and went into the taxi. My mother was having a conversation with the driver on how we were going on vacation. I found myself laughing to that idea. A vacation.

I got a text from Normani when we were waiting to get to our flight.

Manniii: heyyy lo I'm so sorry. My mother made me take care of my sister the whole day and took away my phone. I'm texting cuz Im using it sneaky.

Me: ughh Mani I don't even know how to tell you this. Gosh..

Manniii: omg did you finally find a gf?

Me: MANIII!! IM NEXT TO MY MOM AND SHE TAKES OCCASIONAL GLANCES TO MY PHONE IF SHE SEES THIS!!

Manniii: calm down I'm joking! But for real whaaattts up?

Me: I.m leaving. My mom is like so done with my dad or dad is done with mom and we're fucking moving mani! We're moving to Chicago

Manniii: STOP FUCKING PLAYING JAUREGUI!! YOU BEST NOT BE LYING TO ME!!

me:I wish I best be lying to you mani I'm at the airport. My mother didnt let me say bye to anyone. Not even my dad

Manniii: wtf I'm going to the airport rn!!

Me: mani pls don't there's no use we're boarding the plan in like 10min

Manniii: but lo ur my best friend, you can't leave me

Me: I'm going to think of a way out if this mani. But I guess rn its a see you later. I'll face time you as soon as I get there.ily

There was a tear going down my face. My mother looks at and hugs me I quickly got up and sat two seats away from her. She sighed and looked away.

Announcer:_Flight 5H to Chicago,Illinois please make your way in

I got up and held my brother's hand. Well, this was the start of something new.