The City

Lloyd POV:

I eye the key swinging on Harumi's belt.

The wind dances across my skin as we speed down the empty road on my old motorbike, passing the occasional truck and car. Colours of the green forest blur together and my blond hair is being pushed out of my eyes, replaced by Harumi's white hair. I had left the motor bike next to the road in a rush and forgotten about it. I guess nobody else remembered it which means no one will find it missing.

The green paint is flaking off but the bike is comfortable nonetheless. 

Harumi is driving and I sit behind her, my hands holding onto her shoulders. I don't dare move them to her waist. I would rather risk my safety. I think back to when I was waking up. When I found Harumi basically sitting in my lap.

I shake my head in an attempt to get those thoughts out of my head.

She was putting me in chains.

I distract my-self with the up coming city.

Harumi slows down to a safer speed as we see pedestrians on the outskirts of the city. She stiffens as we get closer to the crowd.

Bursts of color flash before me. Lanterns of every color are tied along strings of rope that connect roof tops and merchants sell everything, trying to talk to anyone that will listen. I want to stop to look at what they are selling but instead I just stare in awe at the beautiful and crowded city. The sun shinning down, gives everything a slight glow. A soft breeze that smells slightly of fish brushes across my face. The houses we see first are modern and sleek, but as we drive further down the narrow, cobblestone roads the buildings become older looking, more traditional. Long sweeping arches connect the buildings. Every thing looked connected. It all works in harmony.

This city, I think I remember reading about it. Skira city. Known for its delicious sea food and its narrow streets. Too narrow for anything bigger than a motorbike. Well technically the main road can fir a car but there are just so many people. People walking everywhere, the crowd has to press against each other to make space for us.

We aren't in the sun for long before Harumi sharply turns left. I grip onto her shoulders to stop myself from slipping off. The people and noise fade away and I feel Harumi's shoulders lift and fall as she takes a deep breath.

We drive between two tall buildings. A small street. An alley. She slows to a stop before climbing off. She tugs the chain in her hand and I roll my eyes. I climb off the bike, slowly, just to annoy her. She looks at me before frowning.

"Your gi won't blend in well," she says.

I pause before saying "...I'm pretty sure this chain won't blend in well.".

She ignores my comment and looks around before she walks over to wear some clothes hang, inevitably pulling me with her. She finds some grey sweat pants and a green shirt.

I look at her with heavy skepticism, her face remains emotionless.

"Whyyyy are you helping me?" I ask. Is she changing? Hope flares in my chest.

"Bold of you to assume that I'm helping you." she says, her face unchanging.

I shrug before asking "You do realize I have to get changed, right?"

"Yes," she says icily before looking around again and pointing to a space between 2 buildings, "get changed there,".

I lift my chained hands in question. She scowls, pausing in thought. After a good ten minuets she sighs and says "Fine, but you have to promise to put it back on,".

I laugh in my head. I already plan to put it back on, only with a slight twist. I keep my expression neutral and nod.

She takes the key and slowly unclicks the clamps around my hands, eyeing me. I rub my wrists before grabbing the clothes from her and walking into the decent gap between the buildings. Harumi stands at the entrance her back facing me.

I take off my pants, leaving me in my boxers, before quickly sliding on the grey sweat pants. They're comfortable and a bit over sized. As I take off my shirt I hear a crashing sound. My head whips towards Harumi before I hear her curse.

"Fuck,".