Precise and Calculated

Harumi's POV:

I was trying VERY hard to ignore the sound of Lloyds clothes falling to the ground and I concentrate on the dark alley around me instead. I glance at the chain that lies on the floor. 

A crashing noise shatters the thick silence. I turn to see three very large and burley men.

"Fuck," I say under my breath. I take an unconscious step backwards into Lloyd who is now standing behind me, shirtless. My back brushes his bare chest and I can feel my cheeks burn but I shake my head, reminding me of MUCH more important issues.

I scan the alley quickly for an escape. Oh no no no. The man in the middle is the biggest and has his eyes locked onto my hair. I palm the dagger that I stole from Zane in my hand but I conceal it carefully making sure that they can't see it. All three men walk slowly towards us.

Everything's a blur as the man on the left lunges at me reaching for my arms but instead of getting to me he flies through the air and hits the wall with a thud as Lloyd kicks him. The man in the middle sprints towards me but I'm prepared this time. I duck under the man's outstretched arm and slice my dagger across his forearm. Precise. Calculated.

The man howls in pain and I grin as he turns around enraged. As soon as you let emotion get the best of you, you loose.

He throws a punch and I dodge it, throwing a punch of my own. It lands him square in the jaw and in the brief moment I have I see Lloyd taking on both of the other men. A trickle of blood slices across his back, he isn't using his powers. Lloyd may be taller but he isn't built as heavily, fortunately his agility and the strength in his punches more than make up for it though.

I turn back to the recovering man. I kick his knee inwards and I hear a crack as it inverts bending at a sickening angle. He falls to one knee with a scream and I use his other knee to step up and send my knee into his face. Blood flies and I let the man fall to the ground.

I turn to find Lloyd standing over the man he just knocked unconscious. He turns to meet my eyes before they grow wide. Everything slows down. Lloyds throws me to the ground as I see a flash of silver. A knife hurtles past and lands imbedded in the wall with a SHINK.

I roll to my side and push Lloyd off me, I run to the still conscious man that Lloyd delt with at the start and I use the butt of the knife I still have to hit it against his temple and knock him out cold. I hear the sound of dragging as Lloyd pulls the other two men to the one I stand over now. He pulls a piece of old rope that he found to tie them together before he turns to me and says "I didn't know you could fight so well,".

I look away and he takes a step closer in response, "Lots of practice, I guess," I say, not meeting his gaze.

He closes the distance and I finally meet his eyes. He's so close now. So close. But before I can turn around I hear a familiar click and feel something heavy on my wrist.

I glance down at where my left wrist used to be, now concealed by a thick chunk of metal. I meet his eyes in disbelief, my jaw hangs open. He just chained us together.

I narrow my eyes and take a moment to judge Lloyd, precise and calculated.