Back in Chains

Harumi's POV:

Something sharp cuts into my wrists. The world is dark, my eyes are closed. Metal clanks when I lift my hands, reaching for my head. My hands feels heavy. I rip my eyes open.

No no no no. You're kidding. Chains. Again. I just got out.

I let my hand drop to the floor with a heavy thunk. Groaning I lift my head and find another person on the wall infront of me. 

A boy with blond hair that falls in golden waves across his forehead sits across me, head tilted back against the wall exposing his throat, mouth hanging slightly open, eyes closed, face twisted in pain and slumped against the wall.

I quickly look away as he begins to stir. Blinking rapidly he sits up suddenly and reaches over his back but the chains stop him. He stops for a second. Taking in his surroundings. He takes a second to look around the room before his gaze meets mine.

His eyes narrow. I return the gesture. Without a word he pulls against the chains once. I roll my eyes. The silence is deafening. 

I look anywhere but Lloyd, I look at the dark stone walls that reach 4 meters tall before meeting a ceiling, I notice the lack of natural light that tells me we are underground, I look at the impenetrable metal door. 

I sigh, there's no getting through that.

 I look at the black and yellow glowing chains that bind me to the floor and I feel a chill that tells me we are far under ground, I look up, something silver glints and my eyes snag onto a vent. 

That's gotta be my way out.

My thoughts rapid fire before landing on a not so impossible plan. A horizontal pipe that leads from one wall to another lies about half way up the wall. All it takes is a little bit of Parkour. 

The corner of my mouth twitches. The action doesn't go unnoticed. 

"What?" Lloyd snaps.

I make eye contact with him and blatantly ignore him. Not deeming him worthy of a response. I mean I did fool him with that Oni bullshit. First Spinjitzu Master he's so gullible. I mean it worked out in my favor. No way was I gonna tell the ninja that I had no idea was going on. To be honest I'm surprised any of them believed me. 

I was transferring some kind of power to Lloyd, that much was true. Nya told me about what happened the first time, about how he suddenly had unnatural strength and agility before power whipped out of him and how destructive it had been.

The same thing happened last time. I wanted to see it for myself, and I guess I did. Except I wasn't trying to power Lloyd.

I think back to when I was in the cell. A strange surge of power had flooded my body, I held onto it, studied it and it kept building, but when I tried to let go it wouldn't leave. I panicked and my thoughts flew to Lloyd, I tried to push the power away and it left.

I guess that means the power went to Lloyd. Ever since I've felt a strange power simmering just beneath my skin, coursing gently through my veins. Just sitting, waiting there for me to call it.

The strange thing is that when I tried to push my power away last time, I had aimed it at Nya.

So why had it gone back to Lloyd?