2

It's race day and Allison is one of the first drivers to arrive at the paddock. She was smiling for the cameras and the fans but on the inside she was nervous. A lot of things could go wrong in her first race and she couldn't worry enough about it. 

“Nervous?” A familiar voice asked from behind. 

Allison turned around and smiled, giving the seven time world champion a hug. “Yeah, a little bit. It's normal right?” She asked, slight anxiousness laced in her voice. 

“Totally normal,” Lewis replied with a soft smile. “But I am confident you will do well today.”

“Thanks Lewis.”

Before Allison could say anything else someone bumped into her and a phone fell on the ground, the screen immediately shattering. 

“Just perfect,” The McLaren driver sarcastically said, picking up his phone, looking annoyed. 

“Oh, are you…” Allison was about to ask if he was okay but the driver just ignored her and walked away. 

“What's his problem?” She asked Lewis. 

“Lando sometimes…well he gets childish when things don't go his way,” Lewis explained. The McLaren driver only managed to qualify p17 for the race and since then he has been acting that way. 

“I am starting to think the entire grid is filled with grown men with childish attitudes.”

“Oh how I wish I could tell you that's not true,” Lewis let out a deep breath, totally agreeing with Allison’s statement. 

***

For the drivers parade Allison chose to stand with Oliver Bearman who is driving for Haas in place of Kevin Magnussen who received a race ban, and Franco Colapinto who has replaced Logan Sargeant and now drives for Williams. Allison and Franco are kind of in the same situation, both getting moved up to F1 in the middle of the season, and both having a weight on their shoulders to prove their worth. 

Soon Allison’s turn came for the interview. She waved at the fans on the grandstand as she went and stood in front of the reporter. 

“Allison, welcome to formula one. This is your first race and you have big shoes to fill. How are you feeling?” The reporter asked. 

“Feeling a bit nervous actually,” Allison let out a small laugh. “It's been my dream since I was a little girl and now it's minutes away from coming true.”

“Umm…there has been some talk that you have been given the Red Bull seat to help Max against the two McLarens. Are there any team orders like that or are you free to race Max if you get the opportunity?”

“A win or even a podium would be great but right now both the constructor’s title and driver's title are in danger. And realistically speaking it will only hurt the team if Max and I were to race each other, especially since there are only a few races left and the McLarens are faster than us,” Allison replied. 

“So you will not be going for the win today? I mean you are starting at p4, which is not far from p1,” the reporter said in a teasing tone. 

“What kind of racing driver would I be if I don't try and go for the win?” Allison teased back, a mild smirk playing on her lips. “But umm…the team comes first.”

***

“What the hell was that?” Allison asked on the radio as Lando's McLaren slightly touched her wheel and almost got her in the wall, but she managed to save herself. For about five laps now Lando and Allison were racing each other, the McLaren unable to overtake her so far. 

“That would be Norris,” Her race engineer replied. 

Allison didn't say anything else and put all her energy and concentration in defending her position. 

“Does she even know how to drive?” Lando said on his radio, believing the mild incident was Allison’s fault. He tried to overtake her again but couldn't succeed, the frustration creeping inside him. 

***

With only two laps to go Allison was behind George at p5, Lando still behind her, and Max right behind Lando but not close enough to try and overtake him. For the most part of the race the rookie has been racing the frustrated McLaren and has managed to keep him behind her. 

Suddenly the Ferrari of Carlos Sainz hit the wall which was a result of a small error, causing George to move up to p3 and Allison moved up to p4. 

The virtual safety car was deployed with only one lap to go. 

“So I guess that's it,” Allison slowed down her car and maintained the speed limit, feeling satisfied with the fourth place, but also disappointed that a podium was within her reach. 

“Yeah,” Fabian, her race engineer replied. “Well done Allison. P4 on your first race. Congratulations.”

***

Allison was happy to find out that both Ollie and Franco also scored points, which made the race even more special for her. 

The camera was focused on her when she went and hugged Franco. Her smile got even bigger when Lewis came to congratulate her. 

“I will see you later,” Franco gave her a tired but happy smile as he got dragged away by someone from Williams. 

Allison too turned to leave but her path was blocked by the McLaren driver. 

“That was some dirty racing you did there,” Lando confronted her, looking frustrated and angry. 

Allison was taken aback but she tried to stand her ground. Her first race and already someone mad at her? 

She pretended to look around and acted confused. “umm..where is the mirror?”

“What?” Now Lando got confused. 

“Oh I thought you were talking to yourself,” Allison gave a fake smile and walked past him, leaving him angrier. 

But no matter what, Allison was happy with her performance and so was her team. It's only her first race and she managed to finish fourth and ahead of her teammate. 

**********

A/N: So…Lando is kinda being a jerk. Thoughts? 

Ally finished fourth which is huge for her. 

Also who watched the race? Oscar and Charles were giving me constant heart attacks the entire race. But the overtake Oscar did on Charles was so bold and beautiful. Also that Checo Carlos crash was scary

Let me know what you guys want to see in this story...certain moments, events, scenarios. I will try to add them  :)