8

It was the driver's parade and Allison was busy having a conversation with Charles Leclerc. Both drivers are showing each other pictures of their dogs.

"Aww!" Charles took Allison's phone and zoomed in. It was a photo of her Pomeranian sitting inside her empty suitcase. "What's his name?"

"Ummm... Charlie," Allison replied, trying not to laugh as Charles' reaction changed from confusion to realization.

"You named your dog Charlie?"

"He looked like a Charlie," Allison smiled.

"Well...i think he does look a bit like me," Charles looked back at the photo.

"Yeah, I think he has your eyes," The red bull driver joked.

Charles scrolled to the next photo and his smile just got brighter. "Move to Monaco," He suggested. "Then we can arrange playdates for Leo and Charlie."

Allison laughed and shook her head.

"What are you two talking about?" Max joined the duo.

"About our soulmates," The younger Red Bull driver replied.

"Wait, really?" Max looked serious as he looked at her. "I didn't know you had a boyfriend."

Charles just chuckled and showed him the phone, clearing Max's confusion.

"You guys and your dogs..." He rolled his eyes. "Cats are far better."

Both Allison and Charles looked offended and got ready to win the argument.

Lando watched the group from the far corner of the parade truck, his teammate standing right next to him. His eyes were mostly on the young Red Bull driver.

"She didn't follow me back," he said, almost in a disappointed tone.

"What?" Oscar was confused.

"I followed Allison on Instagram last night but she didn't follow me back," Lando explained. "I thought I would be the mature one and offer the olive branch but I guess she is just not mature enough to realize that.

Oscar looked confused as he looked at Lando, then he looked at Allison who was busy talking to Max and Charles.

"Following someone on social media is now considered as an olive branch?" Oscar sounded just as confused as he looked.

"You have so much learning to do, Osc."

***

The Marina Bay street circuit is a tough track to race in, and Allison realized it soon enough. The free practice sessions and qualifying was nothing compared to the actual race, and she was having quite an eventful race.

First, she was stuck behind the Williams of Franco Colapinto after her pit stop. They may be good friends but that doesn't mean they were going to make things easier for each other on the track.

"I almost forgot how good he is," Allison commented on the radio.

After ten laps of battling each other, the Red Bull finally managed to overtake the Williams. Allison didn't have much trouble clearing out the rest and moving up to fifth where her next challenge was George Russell.

The Mercedes driver was not happy when Allison passed him, the camera immediately focused on the reaction of the CEO of Mercedes. Toto Wolff just tried to avoid looking at the camera and focus on the screen.

For the last few laps it was an intense battle between Allison and Oscar. Allison pushing the car to its limit like her future depends on it, which it actually does. And Oscar has to defend himself constantly. At one point it almost looked like the Red Bull is going to overtake the McLaren but Oscar successfully defended.

At the end Allison has to settle for fourth position, crossing the checkered flag only a split second after Oscar.

"I tried guys," She sounded disappointed on the radio, and completely exhausted. The podium was so close but opportunities came short.

"Allison, that was a great race," Christian Horner said to her through the radio. "You have done a spectacular job."

"Yeah...send someone to pull me out of the car," That's all the driver could say. The race has drained her of all her energy.

***

Allison congratulated Max and Oscar for finishing second and third before she quickly went and changed her clothes. She then headed to the media pen with a can of Red Bull in her hand.

The first driver she ran into there was Franco. Once again he looked completely tired and just couldn't stop sweating. He gave her a tired smile.

"Sweat or water?" He asked as his fingers gently and barely touched Allison's long damp hair.

"Water," She smiled. "Had to pour at least five bottles as soon as I got out of the car. But you...you look like you are seconds away from collapsing," She took the towel hanging around his shoulder and wiped the sweat from his forehead and rest of the face.

"I am done with my interviews.."

"You better go back then, and cool down," Allison suggested, sounding a bit concerned.

Franco nodded and took the towel from her hand. "I will see you later...and by later I mean after a whole day of napping."

Allison softly laughed and nodded, and both drivers parted ways.

***

"Someone missed out on their first podium," A taunting voice came from behind just as Allison walked out of the media pan. It was none other than the winner of the race, Lando Norris.

"Someone stinks," Allison pointed out and put a distance between them.

"It's champagne," Lando proudly said, giving her a smile. Allison just rolled her eyes at him.

Lando picked up his pace to keep up with her.

"So..." The McLaren driver tried to talk to her but he ran out of time.

"So, good bye Lando," Allison gave him a fake smile and opened the door to the Red Bull hospitality. "And tell Oscar I said he drove really well today."

"What about me?"

Allison chose to ignore him and entered the hospitality, leaving Lando to feel like he just lost a challenge.

**********

A/N: So thoughts on this chapter?

It's the second time Allison came close to scoring a podium but couldn't. Wonder if she will manage to be in the top 3 this season.

Thoughts on Allison so far?

Thoughts on Franco and Ally?

Thoughts on Lando and Ally?

I want to add more of Oscar but can't figure out how.

Also I think Ally should bring Charlie to a race, bet everyone is going to fall in love with that precious dog