chapter 51~worst cramps

E L I Z H A

I woke up feeling like my body had been hit by a truck. Every muscle ached, especially my back and thighs. I tried to move, but the pain was unbearable.

“Ughhh,” I groaned, my voice weak, trying to adjust my position in bed.

Zayn, who had been asleep next to me, stirred awake immediately. He turned to me, concern etched on his face. "Jaana, what's wrong? Are you okay?" His voice was full of worry as he sat up, gently pulling me into his arms.

I whimpered in response, clutching my stomach as the pain worsened. “I don’t know… everything hurts,” I managed to say between breaths.

His arms tightened around me protectively. “Is it your stomach? Your back?” he asked, his hands softly rubbing my back, trying to comfort me.

And then, I felt it. A sudden, horrifying realization dawned on me as I felt dampness not just on me, but on the sheets and even on Zayn. My heart sank as the realization hit me.

I was menstruating. And it had leaked—everywhere.

Zayn must’ve felt it too because he suddenly paused, looking down at the sheets and then at himself. “Why are you wet?” he asked, his voice filled with confusion.

I panicked, feeling the blood drain from my face (if there was any left). “Oh my god,” I whispered, looking at the dark stains on the bed, on my nightdress, and on his thighs where he had been holding me. I could barely breathe, feeling the embarrassment flooding through me.

Zayn followed my gaze, and instead of reacting with shock or disgust, he simply blinked and then turned his attention back to me. “Hey,” he said softly, lifting my chin so I’d meet his eyes. “It’s just your period. It’s okay.”

I could barely speak. “I-I didn’t even realize... I’m so sorry,” I stammered, feeling like I wanted to disappear.

He shook his head with a small, reassuring smile. “Jaana, it’s fine. It’s just blood. It happens. You don’t need to apologize for something so normal.”

“But it’s everywhere,” I whispered, looking at the mess, feeling utterly mortified.

He reached up, wiping away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. “I’m not bothered by this at all. You shouldn’t be either. It’s just a little extra cleaning, no big deal.”

I bit my lip, still overwhelmed with embarrassment, but his calmness made me feel slightly better. “I didn’t mean for this to happen,” I said softly, trying to control my emotions.

Zayn kissed my forehead tenderly. “It’s not something you can control, jaan. Let’s get you cleaned up first. I’ll change the sheets after that, okay?”

His practicality and lack of judgment left me speechless for a moment. I nodded weakly, still feeling uncomfortable but grateful for how he was handling the situation.

Gently, he helped me up, careful not to cause any more pain. As I stood, I winced again from the cramps hitting me hard. Zayn quickly noticed and placed his hand on my lower back to support me. “I’ll get you some fresh clothes. You go take a quick shower, okay?”

“Okay,” I whispered, feeling a mix of gratitude and relief.

He led me to the bathroom, and after a warm, soothing shower, I felt a little better. When I came out, Zayn had already stripped the bed and was in the process of changing the sheets.

“You really don’t have to do all this…” I started, feeling guilty for making such a mess.

He stopped, smiled at me, and shook his head. “It’s no trouble. Now come here, I’ve got fresh sheets, clean clothes for you, and once you’re settled, we’ll have some tea or something warm for the cramps.”