Birthday

February 19th, 12 PM

I had been staying with Octavia for over a month at this point, I haven't told anyone about the family situation. My mother and siblings come over occasionally to try to convince me to come home but she understands why I don't want to.

"Will I at least get to see you tomorrow for your birthday?" She asked as she set the groceries she brought us on the kitchen counter. Octavia's mom and sister are on a trip and we were going to be checking on Octavia anyway so it worked out with me staying here.

"Yes, should we go for lunch?"

"I would like that," she smiled gathering Noah's diaper bag, "alright babies let's leave the girls be."

I buckled Noah in his car seat, I gave the twins big hugs and said our goodbyes before they scurried to the car. "I am so excited for the party tomorrow night, I really need it." Octavia said as she dug out a bag of chips.

"Me too, but I am nervous to see Ruby, I don't know where we stand," after the date I pulled back, it was too much dealing with the family drama.

"Girl, you know he wants to be with you no matter what."

"Maybe. We definitely need to talk."

February 20th, 5 AM

POP!

"Wake up bitch! You're 18!"

"O, it's 5 in the morning what the fuck" my heart was beating out of my chest as she scared the shit out of me with the confetti popper.

"Girl we have lots to do today before the party! Get up, get dressed!"

I pulled myself out of bed and opened the curtains, it was still dark outside. "And what are we doing up so early?"

"I have a surprise for you!"

She wouldn't tell me where we were going so I guessed my wardrobe, I decided on something comfy, leggings, a crewneck, and my blazers. I did my hair, I loved how long it was, we got into the car and started driving.

6:30 AM

"We will be back in time so I could have lunch with my mom right?" I asked about 30 minutes into the drive.

"Of course, I'll have you back by 11!" We pulled into a coffee shop, "getting breakfast first!"

We ate breakfast and continued down the road, we pulled up to a large bunker-like building.

7 AM

"Where are we?"

"You'll see, put this on!" She handed me my puffy coat and gloves.

We walked in the building, we were going ziplining!

"No way, is this for real?" I asked, I was in awe, I have always dreamed of going ziplining I didn't even know there was one around here!

"Way! You deserve it!"

It was stunning, cold, but absolutely breathtaking, the zipline stretched for miles. The Aurora Borealis was still visible, I wish I could live in this moment for the rest of my life.

10 AM

We headed back home, today was turning out to be wonderful.

"Octavia, I can't thank you enough that was exactly what I needed." I had been so depressed lately, after finding out about Ace, I battled myself. It was heavy knowing we took someones life, but also the fact we were related and I never knew. Why was I so hurt over this? He was a terrible person, he deserved death, so why did I care? I haven't told Octavia, I don't think she could handle it. I am surprised she has been okay since everything went down. The case had turned cold, there was so much going on that night that they couldn't find a strong lead on anyone.