CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN: ALEXIA

As the clock ticked down to the final hours of the transfer window, Sky Sports News provided a thrilling update: “With only 5 hours left until the transfer window closes, we have a video that will excite Arsenal fans. Watch as Alexia Putellas arrives at the Arsenal Women’s training ground.”

Leah and YN watched the footage with wide eyes and growing excitement. Alexia Putellas, the renowned midfielder, stepped out of a taxi at the training ground, and the reality of her impending signing began to sink in. The sight was exhilarating, and Leah and YN celebrated with the kind of exuberance typically reserved for a match-winning goal, high-fiving and cheering.

Sky Sports continued, “In addition to Alexia Putellas, there may be one more signing for Arsenal before the window closes.”

The anticipation in the room was palpable as Leah and YN eagerly awaited further news. Their mood was buoyed by the exciting prospect of another potential addition.

Two hours later, at 8 PM, YN and Leah were settled in Leah’s living room, enjoying a pizza they had just ordered. The room was filled with the aroma of melted cheese and toppings as they continued to keep an eye on the latest updates.

The peace was abruptly interrupted by another news flash on Sky Sports: “Breaking News: Alexia Putellas has officially signed for Arsenal. However, she will spend the remainder of the season on loan at Barcelona.”

YN’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Oh my days, Leah, they’ve actually signed her!”

Leah’s face lit up with a broad smile, and she immediately hugged YN. “This is incredible news! Even though she’s going back to Barcelona for the season, having her sign for us is huge.”

They embraced, both thrilled and slightly taken aback by the development. The thought of having Alexia Putellas officially as part of Arsenal, even if just for the next season, was a significant boost for the team.

They settled back down with their pizza, the excitement from the news making the meal taste even better. As they waited for any further updates with only three hours remaining in the transfer window, the atmosphere in the room was one of hopeful anticipation.

With each passing minute, Leah and YN continued to discuss the potential impacts of the signings and what the final hours might bring. The transfer window had been a whirlwind, and as they enjoyed their pizza, they remained optimistic and eagerly awaited the next piece of news.