CHAPTER 106 : ALL GOOD BUT ??

In the days that followed the unsettling message from the unknown number, YN felt a weight lift off her shoulders. The lack of further communication from the sender was a relief, allowing her to focus on her game and her relationship with Katie. Life began to return to a sense of normalcy.

Arsenal's performance on the pitch mirrored YN's newfound peace. The team embarked on an impressive winning streak, racking up victories that pushed them closer to the top of the league table. Each match brought a renewed sense of camaraderie, and YN thrived in the supportive environment.

During training sessions, Leah and Katie were right by YN's side. They shared jokes, practiced drills, and celebrated small victories together. YN’s confidence blossomed, and her form on the field was stellar.

One afternoon, as they wrapped up training, Leah approached YN with a bright smile. “You’ve been on fire lately! I swear you’re scoring in every match.”

YN laughed, brushing a strand of hair from her face. “I feel good. The support from you and Katie has really helped.”

Katie chimed in, “And you know what? I think we should celebrate after our next match. A little team dinner to keep the spirits high.”

Leah nodded enthusiastically. “I’m in! We’ve earned it.”

---

As the weekend approached, the atmosphere in the locker room was buzzing with excitement for their upcoming match against Manchester City. YN and her teammates were ready to prove themselves against one of their toughest rivals.

The day of the match dawned bright and clear. YN could feel the adrenaline coursing through her veins as she prepared. The atmosphere at the stadium was electric, filled with chanting fans and a sense of anticipation. Arsenal was determined to maintain their winning streak.

The game kicked off, and both teams fought hard. The first half was intense, with opportunities coming and going, but neither side could find the back of the net. YN was relentless, running down the wing, pressuring the City defenders, and creating chances for her teammates.

As the second half began, Arsenal’s intensity increased. In the 75th minute, YN found herself in the right place at the right time. She intercepted a pass, dribbled past a defender, and launched a powerful shot that hit the back of the net. The stadium erupted in cheers as her teammates rushed to celebrate with her.

After the match, Arsenal emerged victorious, 2-0. The locker room was filled with laughter and high-fives as the team reveled in their success. YN felt a rush of pride and joy as she celebrated with Leah and Katie.

“Best goal yet!” Leah exclaimed, pulling YN into a tight hug.

Katie grinned, her eyes sparkling. “You’re unstoppable! This calls for a proper celebration tonight.”

---

That evening, the team gathered at a local restaurant for dinner. Laughter and chatter filled the air as they shared stories from the match and toasted to their victories. YN sat between Leah and Katie, feeling the warmth of friendship and support.

As the night wore on, YN glanced around the table. She could see how the struggles of the past were fading into distant memories, replaced by the unity and joy of their current success.

“Here’s to more wins and less drama!” Katie raised her glass, and everyone echoed her sentiment.

YN lifted her glass, feeling hopeful. “And to this amazing team! We’ve got each other’s backs.”

The cheers rang out, and YN felt a surge of happiness. As the night progressed, the trio shared playful banter and inside jokes, solidifying their bond.

---

But as they left the restaurant, YN couldn’t shake a lingering feeling of unease. Despite the victory and the support from her friends, the message from the unknown number haunted her thoughts. What if it wasn’t truly over?

The next day, YN decided to confront her feelings head-on. She sat down with Katie in their apartment, taking a deep breath.

“I want to talk about something,” YN said, her voice steady but anxious.

Katie looked at her, concern flickering in her eyes. “What’s on your mind?”

“I know things have been going well, but I still feel a little on edge. I haven’t heard from that unknown number since the last message. I just… I want to make sure we’re safe.”

Katie took YN’s hand, squeezing it reassuringly. “I understand. But you have to trust that we’re in this together. If anything comes up, we’ll handle it. You’re not alone in this.”

YN nodded, grateful for Katie’s support. “I appreciate that. I just want to focus on the positives.”

---

As the days turned into weeks, Arsenal continued to win, and YN tried to keep her worries at bay. She found comfort in her friends and in her relationship with Katie, reminding herself that they were a team—both on and off the field.

But the message from the unknown sender lingered at the back of her mind like a shadow. Just when YN felt she could finally breathe, a new notification flashed on her phone. Heart racing, she opened the message.

“You may have won some battles, but the war is just beginning.”

The tension hung in the air, and YN's heart dropped. The uncertainty was back, and with it came the realization that her fight was far from over.