Protecting the Innocent: Ivory's Test of Courage

The group departs Dranta City, with Ivory and Windsheer quickly bonding. Their excitement for adventure is tinged with the reality of potential dangers ahead, setting the stage for their ongoing journey. As they traveled for hours the sun was beginning to set and Ivory and Windsheer had used up most of their energy playing and running around throughout the day.

They made camp that night, the gentle sounds of Windsheer's chewing and Ivory's laughter a stark contrast to the quiet whispers of the surrounding woods. Eric couldn't help but feel a sense of pride as he watched the two of them interact. The griffon had taken to Ivory almost immediately, as if she knew she had found her rightful owner. The bond between them was palpable, and Eric knew that together, they would face any challenge that came their way.

As they sat around the campfire, Eric took out his journal and began to sketch Windsheer. Her delicate features and fiery spirit captured perfectly on the page. He had always loved to draw and document their adventures, but now it felt like a way to not only preserve their memories but to pass on knowledge to Ivory as well. He hoped that one day, the boy would carry on their legacy, armed with both his new armor and the tales of their journey.

Shadow and Snowflake laid nearby, their eyes alert and protective. They had been with Eric through thick and thin and had grown to trust and care for Ivory in their own way. Storm, their ever-faithful steed, grazed peacefully nearby, his mane glistening in the moonlight. Sliver, the clever fox, sat on a log, her eyes aglow with the excitement of new adventures and the warmth of the fire.

At camp, Eric observes the bond between Ivory and Windsheer, feeling pride and a sense of responsibility. He documents their journey with a sketch of Windsheer, envisioning a legacy that includes Ivory. The group's animals remain protective and loyal, highlighting their cohesive nature and readiness for future challenges.

Suddenly, Eric's pencil froze mid-stroke as he stared at a page in his book. It was an illustration of a creature he had never encountered before: the Dreamweaver spider. The text described its ability to spin a web that was crystal like with the colors of that of a rainbow. It was of mythical rank, and highly valued for its silk, which was said to hold magical properties that could be woven into powerful artifacts. The spider had rainbow legs and a black crystal-like body with eight gleaming blue eyes that seemed to peer into one's soul.

 The spider had rainbow legs and a black crystal-like body with eight gleaming blue eyes that seemed to peer into one's soul

Ivory looked over at Eric, his curiosity piqued. "What's that?" he asked, pointing to the drawing. Eric's eyes lit up as he explained what the Dreamweaver spider is. "They're a mythical rank, and their silk can be used for all sorts of enchantments," he said, his voice filled with wonder. "It's said that if you own one, you can weave the most amazing magical artifacts."

The group listened intently as Eric read aloud from the book. The spider's silk was not only beautiful but incredibly powerful. It could be used to weave protective magic into garments, or crafted into a thread that would make a crystal-rainbow like garments and armor when woven. They sell for a very high price and buying one goes around 100,000 gold. The idea of such a magical creature sparked something in Ivory's eyes, and he leaned closer to the book.