A New Adventure Awaits

The next morning, Eric woke up with a start, the echoes of the night's dreams of adventure still lingering in his mind. He knew that it was time to leave the safety of Whitemere behind. They had grown stronger together, and the world was vast with mysteries to unravel. After a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, and warm bread, he set out to gather supplies for their journey.

First stop was the general store, where the aroma of dried meats and herbs filled the air. The shopkeeper, a friendly halfling named Pippin, greeted Eric with a knowing smile. "Ah, I see you're planning a trip," he said, his eyes scanning Eric and his companions. "Where to this time?"

Eric grinned. "Just west of here, into the Mystwood Forest. Heard there's some interesting creatures there and a view to die for!" His voice was filled with excitement.

Pippin's smile grew wider. "Ah, Mystwood. A place of beauty and danger. You'll need the right supplies, then." He bustled around the store, grabbing dried meats, hardtack, dried fruits,and a few other items, piling them onto the counter. "And for your companions?" He nodded towards the wolves and Storm who was at the window waiting.

"Yes, please," Eric said, thinking of their needs.

Pippin nodded, disappearing into the back room. He returned with a selection of treats, including a bag of fresh jerky for Shadow, a bag of sugar apples for Strom and a pouch of dried fish for Snowflake. "These will keep them in good spirits," he said, placing them on the counter. "And for your journey through Mystwood, I recommend these." He handed Eric a bundle of glowing mushrooms. "They'll light your path and ward off the more... unwelcome residents."

With their supplies secured, Eric made his way out of the store, the bell jingling behind him. He then made his way to Thorgar the blacksmiths, once there Thorgar spoke up "what bring you here today, Eric?" Eric set a bag of items down on the desk Thorgar raised an eyebrow "What do we have here...the 3 horned boar hide and horns, Dire wolf hide, core, claws and teeth, 7 unicorn horns and 9 flowers. Are you looking to sell all of this?"

"Yes," Eric said, " I am moving on to a new adventure so I'm going to need the money for the long travels!"

He inspects the items with a practiced eye. "These will fetch a pretty coin, especially the unicorn horns and that dire wolf fur." He nodded approvingly. "But I can give you an excellent deal for these, and I'll even throw in a few extra supplies for your journey."

Thorgar rummaged through a chest behind his counter, pulling out a water pouch, and a map of the Mystwood Forest. "This map is recent, and it'll show you the safest paths to take and a few sites to see." He handed the items over.

"Thank you, Thorgar," Eric said, feeling the weight of the map in his hand. The parchment was thick and detailed, with markings for water sources, caves and potential dangers. He rolled it up carefully and stowed it in his messenger bag.

The dwarf grinned, counting out the coins on the counter. "Alright, lad, let's see what we've got here." He weighed the horns and hides, he saw the value in them. "These will do well in the market. The horns are fine quality, and the dire wolf fur is in an ok state. And these..." He held up the unicorn horns and flowers with a respectful touch. "These are indeed special. I'll make sure they go to those who'll appreciate them most."

With the transaction complete, Eric felt a mix of excitement and anxiety. The journey ahead was uncertain, but he knew they were ready. He made a stop at the local herbalist, filling his hip pouch with an assortment of healing, stamina potions and magic regeneration potions. The scent of crushed leaves and earthy potions filled the air as he chatted with the old woman behind the counter.