Chapter 47 - Highway Robbery

As soon as the two women landed, three figures quickly appeared from different directions, surrounding them from all sides.

These three were not wearing any sect uniforms, making their intentions of highway robbery all too clear.

Seeing that their prey consisted of two female cultivators, both of whom were not very strong—one being at the early stage of Foundation Building and the other still at Qi Cultivation Stage—the three could not help but exchange gleeful looks, their greed unabashedly visible.

"This batch is quite good—female disciples from Yunxian Sect!"

"Is Yunxian Sect about to collapse? Foundation Building early stage is one thing, but they even brought a Qi Cultivation girl into the secret realm. Are they aiming to seize immortal artifacts or just sending them to their deaths?"

"Haha, the big sect's fat sheep are much better than the previous few. We really are lucky!"

The three of them did not rush to act but instead started teasing each other.

Zhang Yiyi, however, remained calm and unfazed. She divided her attention, keeping an eye on the possible attacks from the three while also checking Zhang Tongtong's condition.

Meanwhile, Zhang Tongtong had already taken a pill, but her spiritual sense was severely injured, making the pill's effect less noticeable. Her spiritual sense could not fully recover in a short time, effectively reducing her combat power by more than half.

She turned her head and glanced at Zhang Yiyi, signaling that she was not in good shape and that Zhang Yiyi would likely have to take over from here.

Despite their strained relationship, the sisters had an excellent tacit understanding. Just a glance or a gesture, and Zhang Yiyi completely understood her cousin's meaning.

"Alright, enough playing around. Who exactly are you?" Zhang Yiyi stopped wasting time, realizing that delaying would not help Zhang Tongtong's recovery.

The three seemed like rogue cultivators who specialized in intercepting lone or weaker sect disciples for profit or harm. However, Zhang Yiyi did not believe they were merely rogue cultivators.

Their methods of highway robbery were skilled and ruthless. They first used a treasure that specifically targeted spiritual sense to launch a silent, stealthy attack, followed by a brutal strike. Such a fierce assault was intended to cause severe injuries or even death.

Afterward, they would clean up the aftermath, loot the spoils, and destroy the evidence. It was all too easy for them.

Unfortunately, this time they encountered a small problem. Although their spiritual sense attack had hit Zhang Tongtong, they did not anticipate that Zhang Yiyi, a Qi Cultivation practitioner who had no chance to use spiritual sense, would follow. Zhang Yiyi quickly avoided another vicious attack, sustaining no injuries at all.

"What kind of people are we? Can't you tell? We're highway robbers. If you're sensible, hand over all the items in your storage bags. If we're in a good mood, we might spare your lives."

The leader, a man in purple, laughed and said, "The female disciples of the Yunxian Sect all look like fairies. It's a pity if they act like those who came before and refuse to cooperate. In that case, don't blame us for being ruthless."

"Rogue cultivators? I doubt it."

Zhang Yiyi directly pointed out, "The treasures you use to ambush targets' spiritual senses are not simple. Given their power under the restrictions of the secret realm, they must be spiritual artifacts. Foundation Building stage rogues probably don't have the ability to protect or use such valuable items."

"Not only that, but all three of you are using special masks that change your appearance and shrink your bones. Such things are not easily available. If ordinary rogues could use them, there would be no need to risk so much to replace sect disciples in the secret realm to search for immortal artifacts."

Zhang Tongtong, with her keen insight, gently added, "This is probably to prevent us from recording and transmitting any special treasures given by our elders before we die, so you don't dare reveal your true faces."

The two sisters chatted back and forth as if they were having a casual conversation, but their remarks made the three robbers' expressions change several times.

The three were not fools; otherwise, they would not have waited to act even after realizing that the targets were only a Foundation Building early stage and a Qi Cultivation practitioner. Instead, they were cautious and tried to provoke the targets with words to test their true capabilities.

"No wonder Yunxian Sect dared to send you two into the secret realm. It seems you do have some skill. At least your brains are more useful than ordinary people's."

The purple-clad leader's demeanor grew serious as he addressed Zhang Tongtong and Zhang Yiyi. "I know you're both personal disciples of the Yunxian Sect and have many life-preserving items given by your elders. That's why we didn't plan to really take your lives. But today, our three brothers can't leave empty-handed. Be smart and hand over two-thirds of your valuable items, or..."

The purple-clad leader deliberately left the threat unfinished. Although it seemed like he was lowering his demands, the threat was clear.

No matter how extraordinary the two female cultivators were, their cultivation levels were evident.

The three of them included one at the peak of the Foundation Building and two at the mid-foundation building stage. Handling the two female cultivators, one injured and one at the Qi Cultivation stage would just cost them a bit more effort.

"Eh, he didn't deny it. They really are sect disciples."

Zhang Yiyi ignored the purple-clad leader's threat and asked Zhang Tongtong directly, "Are we being treated as if we've never seen the world before? Handing over two-thirds of our valuable items to save our lives? In a place like this, after robbing and scheming, would they be foolish enough to leave us with the chance to seek revenge after we exit?"

"Can you take on all three of them by yourself? Anyway, I'm currently half useless and unreliable."

Zhang Tongtong smiled gently, "Yiyi, listen to me. If you have any good items, use them quickly. Don't be stingy. If you don't use them now, are you planning to let them profit from them?"

Seeing that the two female cultivators completely disregarded them and were even mocking them with confidence, the three robbers grew increasingly furious but also more cautious.

"Alright, stop pretending! In the Louxian River mystic realm, even if you have powerful trump cards, they will be limited to Foundation Building stage strength. With your cultivation levels, no matter how many valuable items you have, you can't fight against us three brothers."

The purple-clad leader was wary but not foolish. Since they had the guts to set up an ambush, they had already considered all possibilities. With their superior cultivation and complete preparations, they were confident they could handle the two female cultivators, one injured and one at the Qi Cultivation stage.

"Big Brother, stop wasting words with them. Let me finish them quickly!"

Another man, with a sinister tone, lifted his foot and charged directly at Zhang Yiyi, the Qi Cultivation practitioner.

The purple-clad leader did not stop him. With the second brother at mid Foundation Building stage attacking a Qi Cultivation practitioner, it was more than enough. Moreover, he and the third brother were on standby to prevent any unexpected situations.

By taking down one quickly, they would establish their dominance and prevent the female cultivators from underestimating them.

If it weren't for the fear that the two women might have hidden valuable items that could be missed, they would have acted long ago and dealt with them all at once, rather than allowing them to waste time with their prattle.