Chapter 35 - Lishan Sect's Senior Sister

Watching the undeniable yet unintended display of tacit understanding between these two cousins, who clearly didn't get along, Mo Yan remained silent.  

Although both had low cultivation levels, especially Zhang Yiyi, who had not even built her foundation yet, the sect's approval of their participation in the secret realm must have been well-considered.  

One possessed a rare ice spirit root and had even bonded with a piece of Ten-Thousand-Year Ice Essence, making her more suited to the environment of the secret realm than most.  

The other, like him, had a True Saint of the Great Ascension Stage as a master, so it was clear she had more than enough life-saving tricks up her sleeve. He didn't need to worry about her.  

Afterward, the group stopped making small talk, each person doing their own thing, which avoided any awkwardness.  

The flying boat traveled for five days, and when they arrived at their destination, most of the other sects had already gathered.  

The Third Elder instructed Mo Yan and the others to set up camp on Yunxian Sect's territory, while he hurried off to meet with the leaders of the other sects for a discussion.  

"Is this Luoxian River?"  

Zhang Tongtong looked at the vast, empty plain before her, finding it hard to believe that the secret realm would appear here.  

"When the secret realm manifests, clouds descend from the sky like a river, which is how the place got its name,"  

Mo Yan explained to Zhang Tongtong. Since everyone would see it when the secret realm opened, it wasn't a secret worth keeping.  

Taking the opportunity, Zhang Tongtong asked him a few more questions.  

Although the Third Elder had explained the general situation, many details weren't known to everyone.  

As the disciple of a True Saint, Mo Yan naturally had access to more information than her own master. Moreover, forging a closer relationship with him could only be beneficial.  

When Zhang Yiyi emerged from her newly set-up tent, she noticed that Mo Yan and Zhang Tongtong were engrossed in conversation and appeared much closer than they had been two days prior.  

Not wanting to interrupt, she wandered around the camp, casually observing her surroundings.  

As long as she stayed within the camp, there was no need to worry about safety. After all, any real competition would begin once they entered the secret realm. No one was foolish enough to start a fight outside and disrupt the superficial harmony between sects.  

"Hey, are you a disciple of the Yunxian Sect?"  

Suddenly, someone spoke from behind her, and soon, a stunningly beautiful woman appeared before Zhang Yiyi.  

Before she could answer, the woman seemed to get a clear look at her face and suddenly laughed,  

"You're so pretty and cute. How could they bear to send a Qi Refining disciple like you here to die?"  

Though the words were harsh, Zhang Yiyi didn't sense any real malice.  

"Zhang Yiyi of Yunxian Sect. May I know this Senior Sister's name?"  

Judging by her attire, this woman seemed to be from the Lishan Sect.  

Yunxian Sect and Lishan Sect had always had a relatively harmonious relationship. Whether real or fake, they were seen as allies compared to the other sects.