Chapter 110 - Bullying Maoqiu

The two attacks collided in mid-air and, with a loud boom, they canceled each other out.

For the ant queen, that sound wave attack was not delivered with full force; it was merely a probing strike filled with a threatening aura. Ever since this female cultivator entered the mining area deep underground, it had sensed a strange unease.

Only after seeing Zhang Yiyi with its own eyes did it realize that she was merely a newly established foundation female cultivator. However, the inexplicable dread and anxiety had not dissipated, which led to this tentative strike.

The current mutated ant queen possessed the strength of a fifth-tier demon beast, and with a vast army of mutated ants at its disposal, its power far surpassed that of an average fifth-tier demon beast.

After the first probing attack, the mutated ant queen clearly acknowledged its strange intuition. After all, even though it hadn't unleashed its full power in that strike, it had still used at least fifty percent of its strength. If the opponent was truly just an ordinary foundation-building female cultivator, she would have been unable to withstand its blow.

Sometimes, demon beasts possess an astonishing intuition in certain aspects. Once it perceived that Zhang Yiyi was not an easy opponent, it immediately retreated behind thousands of mutated ants, abandoning any thought of confronting Zhang Yiyi directly.

On Zhang Yiyi's side, after one attack, she was preparing to strike again when she unexpectedly saw that the grotesquely huge ant queen had darted back a great distance with astonishing speed.

Before she could make her move, all that remained in front of her were clusters of ordinary mutated ants, while the ant queen lurked behind its offspring, watching her darkly.

In just a few breaths, Zhang Yiyi was truly baffled by this mutated ant queen, which acted so unpredictably.

"What, is this the ant queen?"

Beside her, Shi Feng, who was stunned by the scene, exclaimed, "You actually took a hit from the ant queen and are still standing here?"

Wow, how impressive is this brother Han that he knows? That ant queen looked to be at least a fifth-tier demon beast, an existence even more formidable than that ant king.

In the brief moments Shi Feng was still processing the situation, Brother Han had already exchanged blows with the ant queen and managed to fend off a sneak attack unscathed.

"Brother Shi, stop spacing out! That ant queen was just testing the waters; didn't you see how it darted back immediately after attacking? Who knows what nasty trick it's brewing next?"

Zhang Yiyi felt overwhelmed; with a fourth-tier ant king and a fifth-tier ant queen blocking their way, plus countless tiny mutated ants surrounding them, her trial was only just beginning.

To make matters worse, she was stuck with someone who seemed a bit dim-witted. At a time like this, shouldn't they be focused on how to survive being sandwiched between an ant king and queen along with a swarm of mutated insects?

Yet, Shi Feng was solely concerned with her still being okay after taking a hit from the ant queen?

"Oh, I guess that's true. So what should we do?"

Shi Feng's face flushed as he suddenly realized he might have missed the point, so he decided to leave all control to Zhang Yiyi.

"What else can we do? We fight!"

Zhang Yiyi was exasperated and had no time to deal with Shi Feng's foolishness.

Because the cunning ant queen and ant king were merely watching them with dark expressions, no longer attacking directly, but instead commanding the dense mass of ants to wear them down.