The final note

*Reg's POV*

''No. No, it's simply not possible!'' James yells at me. ''Peter, would never do that. He is a good person!'' The whole order is looking at us now. ''I'm telling you I saw him there.'' I yell back, tears forming in my eyes. ''I know I saw him there!'' I yell. ''What is going on here.'' Sirius comes running towards us. ''Your brother here claims to have seen Peter at the death eater meeting last night.'' James explains to him. ''That can't be true. Pete would never.'' Sirius obviously sides with his best friend. It hurts that my own brother and Husband don't believe me especially about something so serious.

''I know I saw him there. Please believe me.'' I have tears streaming down my face. ''If you're so jealous it might be better for you to leave.'' James turns to me. I storm out of the room. As soon as I'm outside I grab my phone and call Pandora. My voice is shacking too much to form a proper sentence. ''Stay where you are, I'm on my way.'' Pandora says when I didn't say anything. She always knows when something is up.

She arrives minutes later. I want to walk to her car but I can't. I'm completely frozen. Panda shoots out of her car as soon as she sees in what state I'm in. She hugs me and whispers in my ear. ''It's going to be okay. You're safe now.'' These are the same words she used to whisper to me when we were in school, every time I had a panic attack. She walk me to her car.

''That's not my house.'' I try to keep my voice from shacking at much as I can. ''You think I'll let you go home in this state?'' She asks me. She bring me to the couch. ''What did he do?'' She already thinks it has something to do with James. I take a deep breath. ''You know how I saw Peter at the meetings? I told him about it but he thought I was jealous.'' I tell her. ''Oh honey.'' She holds me tight.

I've planned everything out. The notes are written, I know the location, the fake locket is made, I packed everything, and most importantly Pandora knows it. Everything is perfectly in place. Now the only thing I still need to do is leave.

The next morning, I doubt if I need to go. But it's either go and mean something that is about to happen or stay and be killed by the enemy. I know the chances of surviving are slim but it's worth the risk. I feel like if I don't do this my death will be pointless.

The mission ended up taking his life. Only Kreacher returned with a lockets. Pandora was in shock and went to tell James what happened. James blamed himself. Like he has something to do with it. Like he could have stopped this from happening.

*James's POV*

I'm in my old room in my parent's house, on the cold hard floor. My fingers tracing the designs of the small cold locket in my hand. It isn't mine. It never was, it belongs to Reggie. My husband, the husband I didn't come home to days before his passing. Kreacher brought them over after his passing. He was with him on his last mission. I should have been with him on his last mission. The guild eats me up inside.

There's a knock on the door. My mother comes in. ''Do you want pancakes?'' She asks. She brings me a plate with them. She puts them down next to me. They smell delicious but I can't bring myself to eat them. Grief has been hitting me harder than I expected. I haven't been able to function without him. I can't eat or sleep, not without him. I have been staying at my parent's place because I can't bring myself to come home without him yet.

It has only been a few days since his funeral but it feels like a life time. Only thinking about it brings me right back to the last thing I said to him. ''If you're so jealous it might be better for you to leave.'' These words have been echoing in my head for the last days. Nothing can compare to the regret I feel right now.

''Honey?'' My mother tries to get my attention away from the death of my husband. She sits down beside me. ''You have to eat something.'' She whispers to me. ''I yelled at him, mom. I called him jealous.'' I can barely get out. ''I know honey, I know.'' She rubs my shoulder to try and comfort me as I break down. Tears streaming down my face.