🍃35.Coming Back🍃

Everyone is still stun, looking at me and then at each other as if waiting to see who will step in to help. I turn to Intuorn, who is standing there freeze like a statue.

"In, please help."

“...”

"Intuorn!"

My voice, which has never sound so furious before, startle the young lady. She run quickly, looking nervous.

"How can I help?"

"Call an ambulance. No, that’s too slow. We need to take her to the hospital ourselves."

"Are you sure?"

"What’s wrong with taking someone to the hospital?"

"But we don’t know her. She might be a scammer who wakes up and accuses us of hurting her…"

When I look at her, Intuorn stop talking and put her arm under her armpit.

"Okay, let’s help her to the car. But it’s quite far. Maybe we should ask the people around here for help."

In the initial shock, everyone seemed frozen, but as soon as the situation calmed down, people rushed to help. A large man offered to carry the unconscious person to the car, saving us the trouble due to our physical limitations. Intuorn, sitting in the front, didn’t even look at the patient, her mind filled with worries that she might recognize me and take me away.

About fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the nearest hospital and I begin filling out the forms, not knowing who she is until Intuorn handed me her wallet. Only then I realize what I had to do.

"Thank you."

"No problem."

I open the wallet and take out her ID card to fill in her details. I stare at the name for a moment.

‘Renu Siva-amphan’

As I read the name, I grip the pen tightly. This name was familiar. It's the name mentioned at 8:08 PM the night Jenpob left me on the side of the road and Ong, who always mentioned it. And when I accidentally let it slip when we first met...

Teacher...

Teacher Renu...

She is Teacher Renu, the one who called me that night. She's definitely someone I know. The second clue, besides Ong, is this person.

"Are you okay? Why are you so quiet?"

Intuon, who had been watching me for a while, asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I smile at her.

"Oh, I'm just trying to spell the teacher's name."

"Teacher?"

"I mean, her name... what's wrong with me?"

I shake my head, realizing I'd let a lot slip.

"Yeah, what's wrong with you? You're out of character today."

"What do you mean?"

"You yelled at me."

"Really? Oh... sorry. I didn't realize."

I give a small dry smile as an apology.

"Don't be mad, okay? I was really
worried about the patient."

"Yes, really worried. Do you know her?"

'Do they know each other...'

'If so, what should I do...'

"No, I don't. How could I? It's my first time in Bangkok."

"Okay."

But that didn't seem to ease Intuorn's worries.