The harem

''What do you think he is like ?'' Asks a young omega with silver hair.

''Paler than all of us combined,'' replies a beta, bringing a glass of wine to his lips.

''Amsi is already very pale, and he's half Umendois. I don't think there could be a being more pale, says a woman with fuchsia pink hair.''

''But Dusirene and Umend are not that far apart," responds the one named Amsi.

''What are you talking about ?'' Asks another young woman with almond-shaped eyes.

''The new concubine'', says her friend.

''Everyone is only talking about him,'' she sighs.

''The heirs of the past never had a concubine from that kingdom,'' continues the red-eyed manas he finishes his drink.

''I've already seen some,and they have the same skin as a corpse,'' says the newcomer.

''Fu Lin, really ?'' Chides the young woman.

''Aren't you a bit jealous, my dear ?''

''I've long passed the time for such trivialities, Alcibiade. I've learned to share a long time ago,'' she says with disdain.

Alcibiade smiles for appearance's sake, taking another glass of wine from a passing tray. The room is crowded, with the prince's close friends, including his cousins Voavy and Ngolo, present. The place is dimly lit by torches covered with a transparent metal shaped like water. Soft music plays, with the musicians moving to a slower rhythm with their flutes and drums. The dancers sway half-naked, pressing against each other across the large hall. The guests talk and laugh, eating while seatedor standing, waiting for the newcomer to make his appearance. The air is cooler at night, and the oval-shaped walls lead to balconies. The sea is visible only by the glow of the crescent moon. The servants of each concubine are stationed near the entrance, keeping an eye on their masters and mistresses to cater to their every desire. Amsi looks towards the back of the room. Several private corners are hidden by curtains for members of the royal family, including the prince. Behind the orange fabric, one can barely see his feet sticking out. A woman sitting next to him stands up and walks slowly, nodding to the heir's cousins as she heads towards the group of friends. Dressed in a low-cut white gown, it highlights her dark complexion. Her golden eyes attract and pierce the hearts of the admiring assembly, her long mauve hair swirling with her cat-like steps.

''So ?'' Asks Amsi as she arrives at their height.

''I think they have already met.''

''How ?'' Exclaims the woman with pink hair.

''Lower your voice, Cati. The whole assembly will guess what we are saying. You know very well that he likes discretion,'' Fu Lin scolds.

''Continue, Pylia," whispers Alcibiade, taking another sip.

''I asked him if he had any idea about his appearance, and he didn't answer me.''

''Is that why you think they have already seen each other ?'' Exclaims the silver-haired omega.

The story teller rolls hereyes before continuing.

''Let me finish, will you?''

Amsi and Cati exchange impatient glances.

''I asked him if he though the would be handsome, and he replied, ''He is''.''

The two omegas sigh heavily, placing the backs of their hands on their foreheads in a feigned discomfort, while the eldest in the group glares at them.