𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

chapter seven:
dates (part 1)
sunny's pov

PLEASE DONT BE A GHOST READER!COMMENT AND VOTE! IT HELPS US WRITERS STAY MOTIVATED:)

COMMENT AND VOTE! IT HELPS US WRITERS STAY MOTIVATED:)

✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸

Sunny stood at her locker, absently spinning the combination dial while her thoughts swirled around classes, upcoming assignments, and the usual social pressures of high school. The hall buzzed with the sounds of laughter, lockers slamming, and students hustling to their next classes, but Sunny felt a bubble of tranquility in her small corner of the world.

Just as she was about to grab her history book, a familiar voice cut through her reverie. "Hey, Sunny!"

Startled, she looked up to see Hawk sauntering toward her, his trademark confident smile lighting up his face. He leaned casually against the lockers, his presence commanding yet somehow disarming. Sunny's heart raced as she noted the intensity in his eyes; they sparkled with an energy that made her stomach flutter.

"Uh, hey," she managed to say, trying to project a casual demeanor while feeling warmth creep up her cheeks.

They exchanged small talk-casual jokes about school and shared classes-until the atmosphere shifted. Hawk's playful demeanor morphed into something more earnest. He took a deep breath, shifting his weight as he prepared to speak. "Listen, I've been thinking... Would you want to go out with me?"

Sunny blinked, caught completely off guard. "Wait, what?" The words tumbled out before she could fully process them.

Hawk took a step closer, his grip firm yet gentle as he took her hands in his. "Just say yes, okay? I'll pick you up at eight."

The words hung in the air, leaving Sunny momentarily speechless. "You mean, like... a date?" she finally managed, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Yeah, exactly," he said, a hint of vulnerability creeping into his confident façade. "I really like you, Sunny,"

Sunny felt a whirlwind of emotions crash over her-excitement, confusion, and a rush of anxiety. "Um... wow, I-" she stammered, her mind racing through a million scenarios. The shock left her reeling, and she felt like she was in a movie, unable to comprehend that this was really happening.

"Just think about it," he urged, a hopeful smile on his lips. "I promise it'll be fun. You don't have to decide right now."

As he released her hands, a strange mix of disappointment and exhilaration flooded through her. "Okay, I'll think about it," she said, though the words felt inadequate to encapsulate what she was feeling.