32.

As the credits rolled at the end of the Audience with Adele, the room grew quieter, but the moment between Autumn and Winter remained profound. Autumn stayed curled against Winter, feeling the steady rise and fall of his chest beneath her. The warmth of his body and the comfort of his presence grounded her after the flood of emotions that had surged through her during the song.

"I don't know how I'd have made it without you," Autumn murmured, her voice barely above a whisper, as if she was afraid to break the delicate stillness that had enveloped them.

Winter pressed another soft kiss to her temple, his hand tracing soothing circles on her back. "You're stronger than you think," he replied, his voice low and tender. "But you don't have to do it all alone. You have me. Always."

They sat in silence for a while, neither of them needing to speak. The weight of all that had happened—the deception, the fear, the struggles, and now the slow path to healing—hung between them, but it felt more manageable with Winter beside her. Autumn exhaled slowly, shifting her position slightly to rest her head on Winter's shoulder, her fingers tracing absent patterns on his arm. She felt safe here, cocooned in his arms, where the darkness that had once consumed her seemed distant for the first time in ages.

"I've been thinking," Winter said after a while, his voice breaking the comfortable silence. "We've been through a lot, haven't we?"

Autumn nodded, a small, tired smile playing on her lips. "More than I'd ever imagined."

"We deserve a bit more than just surviving," Winter continued. "We deserve moments like today—time for us, for our family, for all the good things we've built despite everything."

Autumn looked up at him, her green eyes shining with a mixture of hope and uncertainty. "It's hard to believe sometimes... but you're right. I want that, too. I want more moments like today."

The memory of their day floated back to her—the peaceful stroll through the park, lying together under the giant spruce tree, the music from their wedding song playing softly in the background as they shared the kind of quiet intimacy that only years of love could bring.

"Let's make more time for us," Winter suggested, his eyes locked on hers, filled with a quiet determination. "Not just as parents, but as a couple. Like today, when we went back to where it all started."

Autumn nodded, her heart swelling with the idea. It felt like a promise to herself as much as to him, a promise that maybe, just maybe, she could allow herself to live again—to really live, without the shadow of her past looming so large.

"I'd like that," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "I need that."

Winter smiled softly, his hand cupping her cheek. "We'll take it slow. One day at a time."

Autumn leaned into his touch, letting her eyes flutter shut for a moment as she allowed herself to feel the hope of a future that didn't seem as bleak as it once had. Later that night, after they had put the girls to bed, the house had grown quiet once more. They returned to their bedroom, and as they settled in, the glow of the moon filtered in through the curtains, casting soft shadows across the room.Autumn lay in bed next to Winter, her head resting on his chest, feeling the steady beat of his heart beneath her. She sighed, feeling a sense of calm wash over her that she hadn't felt in a long time. Winter's fingers trailed through her hair gently, a soothing rhythm that had always helped her relax. Autumn's mind wandered back to the moments in the park, the simplicity of it, and how much she had cherished that time with him.

"Do you remember our wedding?" Autumn asked softly, a smile tugging at her lips.

Winter chuckled, his voice a low rumble. "Of course I do. Best day of my life."

Autumn smiled wider, letting out a soft laugh. "I've been thinking about that song, you know—the one that played while we were under the tree today."

Winter glanced down at her, his expression tender. "Our wedding song."

Autumn nodded. "It made me realize that through everything, no matter how bad things get, there are still those moments—those songs—that remind me why I'm here, with you."

Winter didn't say anything for a moment, just held her closer, his arms tight around her. "I'm glad you feel that way," he whispered. "Because you're the reason I'm here, too. And I wouldn't trade a single day, even the hard ones."

Autumn swallowed, feeling tears prickle at the edges of her eyes again. But these were different tears—not the tears of despair she had become so used to. These were tears of love, of hope, and maybe even a little bit of healing.

"I love you," she whispered, her voice breaking slightly.

Winter's grip on her tightened as he kissed the top of her head. "I love you, too, Autumn."

And as they lay there, wrapped in each other's arms, the moonlight still gently bathing the room, Autumn felt something she hadn't in a long time—a sense of peace, however fleeting, that maybe they were going to be okay.

Not perfect. Not without scars. But okay.

And for now, that was more than enough.

an - 

im sorry for the inactivity guys !! 

i've quit my tiktok, i dont think ill be uploading here that much too.