Hundred and Seventeen

Sidharth's heart was literally beating outside his chest and was racing insanely as he walked to their bedroom with the pregnancy kit in his hands. To say that he was nervous was an understatement. He had never ever in his life felt nerves like these.

He kept thinking of everything that happened the past few days. His mind and thoughts kept racing with how Sana had been over the past few days.

Her sudden crying spells, her lack of appetite, not eating proper breakfast, her periods being thirteen days late. Fuck. He gulped.

As soon as he reached their bedroom door, he looked down at the kit in his hands and then at the closed door. This was it. Everything could change in the next few minutes. He released a long shaky breath as he prepared himself and slowly pushed the door open.

As soon as he walked in, he stopped as he looked at his little baby. She truly seemed like a small little baby who was just so scared.

His heart thudded for her. for how precious she was. How perfect. He wanted to hold her in his arms and protect her from the entire world. From any and everything that could hurt her.

Her face was so pale, it seemed so small. It was filled with fear, he could see it. She sat at the edge of the bed, exactly how he had left her with both her hands tightly clasped together on top of her thighs.

He slowly closed the door and walked in. Her eyes slowly moved to him and as soon as she saw the kit in his hands, her heart sank. Shit. Was she ready to go through that entire process of panic, hope, fear, nervousness, heartbreak again? She didn't think so.

Sidharth slowly walked up to her and stood in front of her. He then knelt down in front of her, keeping the kit next to her on the bed.

Sana looked at it then back at him. He was staring at her face with so much calmness, so much love, it was just inexplicable.

"Darr rahi hai?" he asked softly.

She nodded.

He sighed and then grabbed both her hands in his.

"I know. Main hoon na yahan? Agar tujhe abhi nahi karna, you wanna wait it out, we can do it later" he assured her softly.

Sana's heart was beating at a maddening speed.

"Nahi..mujhe..isko zada stretch kar k latkaana nahi hai..par..at the same time, ..stretch karna bhi hai...mujhe nahi pata" she mumbled innocently.

He smiled and kissed both her hands.

"I understand meri jaan. Par tu wo saari baatein yaad rakhe gi na jo mene abhi baahir boli thi?"he said.

She nodded again.

He bent and just pressed his lips to her hands, keeping them there for a few seconds.

"Tu sab se perfect hai. The most perfect. And I am here. Okay? Kuch nahi hoga" he repeated looking in to her scared eyes.

His words, his love, his warmth, it was everything to her right now. More than everything.

"Mu..mujhe hug karo.. I need it" she mumbled innocently.

His heart literally flipped hearing that. He wanted to put the whole universe at her feet in that moment.

He quickly straightened up a little on his knees, coming to her face level. He then left her hands and before she knew, he pulled her in to his chest right away.

Sana quickly opened her own arms and took them behind his nape, tightening them there and hiding her face in his shoulder.

She let out a shaky breath as soon as their bodies pressed together. She tightly shut her eyes and tried taking in the strength and peace his body gave her.