Chapter Twenty Two

It had just been a day since Sidharth had left and she was already on the brink of losing her sanity. His anger, the harshness and the bitter reality in his tone was constantly slapping her. The response Akshay gave her further frustrated Sana beyond words. She wanted to pull her hair out and scream to her whole family of how they were killing her every minute and she didn't want any of it, she just wanted Sidharth. It was so strange to her that even his anger, his harshness, the bitterness in his tone felt so personal and so homely. It almost felt crazy but it was true. The man who she had just met had suddenly become so important that his indifference felt like somebody was practically suffocating her. His anger also felt just for her. It felt special. She still had no idea about how she would pacify him once he returns but that surprisingly didn't scare her, what scared her was the reality of his anger. Of all the things he made her feel including his anger. Whatever he had said made her want to scratch her skin off but it was true. How could she keep doing this to him, to them? But the thought of him being away or indifferent to her also killed her like nothing else. His silence was finishing her. She had decided to stay as busy as she could these five days so that they pass by sooner. She had also decided to ignore Akshay a little bit and not get back to his calls or messages. His indifference to what she said to him was messing with her head and it made her blood boil. What made her all the more upset was that how conveniently her own parents, Akshay everybody ignored her feelings or what she wanted. These were people who were supposedly her people right? Yet they were so ruthless in understanding  her but he? Her Sidharth? His priority from the day he had met her was only and only her safety, her needs and what she wanted. The moment he had come to realize how she was unhappy in this relationship, his first thought and concern was that she chooses her happiness. It made her upset and made her miss him all the more. She decided to be stubborn & not talk to Akshay for a while and make him see how she was not interested in him or this marriage. If he had decided to ignore everything she said to him and be stubborn, so she could do that too.
Sana had decided to hang out with her colleagues every day till he came back just to keep her mind off things and keep herself distracted. Her colleagues would suggest new places each day to go explore or eat at after work, and she was happy following through. She would come back home at night and just open up his chat and kiss the screen counting days for his return. She was grateful of the fact that she had asked his schedule beforehand and so she knew the day and time he was returning on. It had been four days since he had gone and Sana was successful in keeping herself completely busy and distracted throughout. She was grateful to the bunch of girls from her office who were kind enough to show her around and make her try all the random chaats and all kinds of street foods from every famous spot. They had also taken her to some of the most famous cafes of Juhu and made her try out all kinds of famous Mumbai street foods. She was happy and thankful. Today was the last day before he would return and Sana was over the moon as she had woken up to begin her day. Yes, she was still nervous about his anger but she knew in her heart that she would pacify him. she had woken up and felt that something wasn't right with her. She had felt this last night too as she had returned back home after trying out some kind of chaat from some street vendor. She had ignored it and decided to sleep it off but now as she was up, she felt it more strongly. There were small bouts of pain in her stomach that she was feeling after every few minutes and she felt a bit nauseous. She decided to ignore it. she was way too happy to focus on anything else but his return. Sidharth's flight was to land at 6 in the morning so she was happy that he'd be home the whole day. She got ready for work but the bouts of pains kept getting stronger and she felt really pukish. Her day at work was really crappy since her health had gotten worse over the day. She had spent the day running to the washroom every now and then. She had even thrown up twice by now. She felt all the energy being drained out of her body but she couldn't even go back home as they had some important projects to work on. She was sitting with her head down on her table, when her colleague Nikita came
"Arey Sana? Not feeling any better? Yaar I think hum roz tujhe kuch na kuch khilaate rahay hain na bahir se, aur teri tabiat ussi waja se upset hogayi hai. I feel so bad yaar" she spoke. Sana lifted her face up and looked at her, her face was so pale & she looked really weak.
"Abey nahi pagal hai? I had so much fun with you guys and I'm so happy we tried out all those things. Par han yaar ye kal raat waali chaat ne lagta hai gadbad kardi hai. I've gotten diarrhea and vomiting. Lagta hai food poisoning hogayi hai Siyaapa khana. Ye stomach cramps peecha hi nahi chod rahay" sana whined keeping her head down again. Nikita touched her arm lightly to check for fever and her body felt really warm.
"Tch Sana? I really think you've gotten food poisoning. Tu please abhi off le aur ghar jaa and just rest." She sounded a bit concerned.
"Haan I think so too. Par nahi I can't leave na Nikita yaar dekh pehle hi mene uss din bhi achanak off le lia aur abhi nayi nayi job hai, mai aisa impression nahi daalna chahti na. Plus mere zimmey kaam bhi hain aaj k liye. Koi na yaar. Bas dedh ghanta hi reh gaya hai wese bhi phir ghar hi jana hai." Sana sounded really weak.
"Acha do you want me to get you something to eat? Aisay tou aur weak feel karegi" Nikita asked getting up.
"Nahi, khanay ka tou abhi naam sun kar bhi ulti arahi hai meko. Bas bohat weak feel ho raha hai."
"Acha listen, I'll just send the peon to get you some electral yahan paas k store se. Wo pani mai pi thora so that you feel a bit hydrated aisay dehydration ho jayegi bohat zada." Nikita said writing down the name on a paper.
"Han thank you so much" Sana mumbled weakly. She kept her head down on the table closing her eyes. She just needed him. His arms, his comfort and his care. The remaining time at office too passed by sooner than she had thought. She slowly sipped on the electoral that the peon had gotten her and finished up a presentation that she was working on. She felt the slightest bit better with the electoral but her stomach was completely empty now and she really needed some khichdi. Sana entered back home and literally fell on her bed. Her energy was completely drained and the stomach cramps were returning after every few minutes. Sana felt really sick and she wanted to cry in his arms. The only highlight to get her through was the fact that it was almost night now and he would be returning back after a few hours. She gave in to the weakness and dozed off for some time. Her sleep got disturbed after some time when she felt the urge to run to the loo. She returned back after splashing some cold water on her face. Her body was still burning up but before she took something for the fever, she had to eat something, but what? There was no way she could cook something and ordering food didn't seem right either. She sighed and leaned back on her bed closing her eyes.
"Haye Babaji bas thodi jayi himmat de deyo. Menu kal Theek hona hai Sidharth dey aan tou pehle" she mumbled. She realized she had to act fastr and take some medication so that when she meets him the next day, she is better and he doesn't find out about her health. He was already angry with her & realizing how reckless she had been with her diet and her shenanigans while he was away would really blow him off. She finally got up and went in her kitchen to look for something light and safe to eat. She came across some biscuits and bread. She made herself some tea and went inside with the pack of biscuits and a toast. She ate that halfheartedly and slowly. She took the medication and decided to sleep it off.
The next morning she opened up her eyes and stretched, feeling a little bit better than last night. Her body was still warm but she could feel the fever had gone down a little bit. she tapped on her phone and sprung up when she read the time "6:40 am". He must have already landed back. She squealed excitedly and instantly decided to call him up but stopped suddenly. She realized that he must be home by now and must have slept or even if he hadn't, she wanted to simply go and meet him instead of calling him. Only she knew how much she wanted to ditch work today & just go straight to his house, cuddle up in his arms and sleep but she couldn't so she sighed and gathered the energy to get out of bed and leave for work. Sana had reached work and already requested her head for an early leave considering how sick and low on energy she still felt. Her leave was immediately granted and she went to her desk to complete her tasks for the day. Her heart however was jumping and hopping constantly inside her chest making it harder for her to pass the day. It was the only thing getting her through.
****
Sidharth had landed back at 6 and right after landing back, he had checked his phone but nothing from her. It did pinch him a bit. He started to think if he had gotten too harsh with her before leaving? What if she had backed away because of it? even the thought had made him lose his mind and scared him senseless. He had a very long flight & so he was mad tired when he came home. Plus, not seeing a message from her which was usually always there when he would return back from a flight telling him how excited she was to see him & what the plan for the day was had further upset him. His back was really stiff and hurting a lot so he just wanted to take a long hot shower, change in to his shorts and hit the bed. He was happy that he had the next 6 days off. He had called up his mother right before sleeping to let her know he was back and had just turned his phone off and slept.
Sana's day had passed by in a jiffy and her health felt just the slightest bit better but the diarrhea was still very much there hence weakening her. She had been constantly sipping on Electral to maintain her body's salts levels and to regain some energy back. She went to the washroom one last time before leaving. She looked at herself in the mirror and she looked sick as fuck. Her eyes had bags under them and her face seemed pale. She had the typical sick face and she hated it because she didn't want him to find out. She applied some blush to her cheeks to retain some color on them and applied a glossy lipstick. She had planned to go straight to his house but midway she realized something. She hadn't cooked for him today, like she always did when he returned from his flights. She decided to drop by to her place first and quickly make something for him. Since she wasn't feeling her best self, she just went ahead for a very quick daal and chawal. She managed to cook the food somehow and left for his place. It was now almost 3:30 in the afternoon. She was beyond nervous to see him. she finally stood outside his house, keeping the bag of food on the floor and rang the bell. She set her hair one last time & tapped her cheeks to get some color on them.
Sidharth was in a deep sleep when the doorbell rang. He heard it faintly and felt that he was probably hearing it in his sleep. So he stirred a bit and dug his face further in the pillow going to sleep again. The bell rang again a few minutes later and then again. He stirred, his eyes opening up the slightest bit. He was in a really deep sleep and so he just laid there like a statue with his eyes open trying to make sense of the day and time and what was happening. The bell rang again, louder this time and he realized what was happening. He tapped his phone and the time read '3:40 pm'. He finally remembered what time it was and when he had slept. He got up from the bed cursing and really annoyed on whoever it was disturbing his sleep while he wore his chappals. He walked outside setting his hair and rubbing his eyes since they stung so much because of the deep sleep he had woken up from. He was ready to lash out on whoever was across the door but he froze the moment he opened it. he kept staring at her, confused. Not understanding if all this was still a dream or a reality. His mind was still hazy and numb. She stood there nervously biting her lip wearing a light purple shalwar kameez that hugged her body perfectly. Her hair were in a lose pony tail. Sana gasped as soon as he opened the door. His face was slightly swollen and so were his eyes. They were the slightest bit red and his hair were a mess. He was in a light green T-shirt and grey shorts. He stood there completely blank. She realized that he was probably asleep and she had woken him up mid sleep.
"Sidhaarth" she gasped and lunged towards him wrapping her arms around him with so much force that he almost stumbled. The moment she came and hugged his body, it all came down to him and he realized where he was and what exactly was happening. His mind was suddenly fresh and he understood that she was real and it wasn't a dream. He finally made sense of his surroundings and looked down at her. She was hugging his torso tightly and trying to hide herself in his arms.
"Haaaye sorry, aap ko utha dia na mene. Siyaapa. Sorry sorry sorry" she mumbled in to his chest.
"Sana" his voice was groggy and extremely raspy. She sighed hearing it and finally looked up at him moving out of his hold.
"Sorrry Sidharth. Aap bohat gehri neend mai sou rahay they na, apko aisay aake utha dia na mene? I'm sorry" she mumbled guiltily looking down. She then looked at him and found him staring at her quietly. She again moved forward and hugged his chest
"Bata bhi nahi sakti kitna miss kiya apko" she kissed his chest, tightening her hold around him. he lifted his hands slowly and kept them lightly around her. Her body, it felt lighter, different.
"Come in" he finally spoke removing his hands. She gave him a small smile & he felt that her face seemed..different? He turned to walk back in when his eyes fell on the bag and he almost wanted to smile. She had brought him food, like every other time. She was about to bend down to pick the bag up when he swiftly picked it up and moved in, with her smiling and following after him. He kept the bag on the table and went inside the kitchen to have some water. His throat was parched. She sat on the sofa just happy being there around him. she felt bad that she had disrupted his sleep but she was also happy to be with him. he looked so messy but oh so hot. She quietly stood up and walked to him. his back was to her and he stood with one hand on his waist and the other holding the glass to his lips. She slowly took her hands forward through his chest, holding them up at the front of his shoulders and pressed her face at his back inhaling him in. a sigh left her lips and he heard it. He stood there quietly gulping the water down.
"Missed you so much" she mumbled pressing small kisses on his back. Her lips felt a little warm but he didn't feel anything as such. He finally kept the glass down and held her hands in both of his and pulled her forward. She looked at him with all the warmth and innocence that she could muster. He lifted his hands and tucked the few hair strands behind her ear
"How have you been?" he asked her softly still looking in to her eyes, they seemed different but he couldn't pinpoint how. The moment his fingers touched her skin, her eyes closed relishing in that touch. Her face felt slightly warmer but he felt it was maybe to do with how she was feeling in general and maybe because of all the excitement she felt. She leaned her face, placing her chin on his torso and still looking up at him with her beautiful eyes. she didn't answer him but she just silently took it all in. His eyes kept looking in to hers trying to search for answers but he knew why she was silent so he let her be. His fingers had a way of their own. They found her face yet again and started caressing her cheeks lightly. It was like he was drugged  by her eyes, he just couldn't move away. She just placed a kiss right where her lips fell.
"Come" he took a hold of her hand and took her along him to the lounge making her sit down, sitting next to her. She followed him silently just wanting to cherish it all and not wanting to break the moment. She sat as close to him as she could and leaned her head on his shoulder, hugging his chest.
"Bole gi, kesi hai?" he spoke again, lightly rubbing her arm. She lifted her face up and caressed his cheek, her eyes filling up. She bit her lip to stop herself from crying.
"Kya hua hai Sana?" he turned towards her sounding a bit serious.
"Aap kitna gh..ussa kar k gaye mere pe, aur aur..sahi se bye bhi nahi bola. Kitna dara dia mujhe. Mene kitna wait Kiya inn paanch din" her voice cracked and a lone tear escaped her eyes. He sighed and wiped her face clean.
"Idhar aah" he pulled her face forward and placed a kiss to her forehead, her eyes closed. Her skin felt warmer than usual and he got  a bit alarmed now.
"Sana, are you okay?" he moved away looking at her face questioningly, trying to see her face for any signs of discomfort. She ignored his question and held his hand placing a kiss to it.
"I am. Now" she said smiling softly at him. He was still really mad at her and the whole situation, yes. But he couldn't deny the maddening urge he had for the last five days to see her and be next to her, to hold her. He was still not as warm and as open with her and she knew it too but for now she was willing to take whatever he gave. He couldn't help talking to her or touching her. It was beyond his control. She finally moved her face closer, looking at his lips. He knew. He wanted it more than anything but he was controlling. She came closer and he let her. He sat there just looking at her beautiful face, which was full of vulnerability right now.
"Abhi bhi kiss nahi karoge?" she whispered brushing her lips lightly on his. It actually jolted him. She again looked up at him with those eyes, that undid him. He harshly grabbed her closer by her waist and pressed his lips on hers. He kissed her so passionately and so strongly that she almost lost her mind, it felt like he was consuming her in the kiss. His lips had such a strong movement against her softer ones, nibbling and biting her lips that she wanted to splash ice cold water on herself to calm her racing heart down. He sucked her lip inside his so strongly that she felt the air was leaving her system. She grabbed on to his back and put her fingers in his disheveled hair ruffling them softly. His kiss slowed down finally when he felt she would pass out. He slowly removed his lips from hers and pressed his nose on hers staring down at her face then her beautiful lips. Her eyes were closed and short gasps left her parted lips. He couldn't look away, he bent pressing another small kiss to her lips. she looked at his face and gave him a small smile. His face was still serious and she knew he was still not completely fine with her but she wanted to give him time. She was lovingly caressing his face and looking at him when a sharp pain short through her stomach causing her to wince loudly.
"Sana? What happened, you okay? Kya hua?" he immediately got concerned and started looking at her for answers.
"Haan haan kuch nahi wo wese hi, usko choro aap batao trip kesa raha?" she tried changing the topic by giving him a wide smile and wrapping her arms around his neck. He still seemed unsure about her answer. He was already noticing that she looked different and maybe weaker and her body too felt warmer.
"Batao naaa Sidharthhh" she poked her finger in his chest cutely.
"Sahi thi baba" he said wrapping an arm around her back. She smiled at the thought of this man. He was still mad and distant but yet he was not pushing her away. She lifted her face up and pressed a sweet kiss to his cheek smiling at him.
"What?" he asked.
"Pyaaaru. Kuch nahi bas I'm happy that you're here with me" she smiled at him.
"I'm sure you are. Wo kya hai na, there's a difference between us. I at least own up to my people. I don't run away from showing them what they mean to me, unlike you. I have the guts to own it up" he scoffed at her, making her smile fall. She pouted sadly at him not wanting to ruin her mood.
"Ahaan ye sab mat bolo please" she hugged him cutely. He wanted to say more but he decided not to.
"Khana nahi khana?" she asked.
"Itni dair hogayi hai, kha lo kuch. Mai laun?" she spoke excitedly getting up. He sighed. That's all she could do. Just run away from the topic. He wouldn't let her though. He had decided to remind her about what she was doing to them every moment he would get. He saw her go inside the kitchen and he noticed how she seemed smaller, or maybe weaker. She came back with the food a while later and gave him a small smile putting it on the table. He took it from her hand gesturing her to sit.
"Are you sure, you're okay?" he asked her again. She was nervous about lying to him but she didn't want him to incessantly worry and scold her.
" Haan theek hoon bilkul, apke saamne tou hoon. Aap ko miss kia na bas ye hua peeche se, baqi sab set hai" she gave her bunny smile to him melting him. He started eating as he was starving and so did she. The stomach cramps had returned but she was trying to ignore them. She was just happy being around him. they finished their food in silence and when she was about to pick the plates up to take them in the kitchen he pushed her back on the sofa and took the tray inside the kitchen. She sighed and laid down on the sofa. Her energy was beginning to drain again. He saw her lying down there and it did something to his heart. He came and sat right next to her legs that were on the sofa, putting them down and leaned completely on top of her, making her gasp.
"You make me so fucking helpless Sana. I lose my mind around you. You are putting me through so much torture & yet I can't fucking stop" he whispered all of it almost gritting his teeth, looking in her eyes intensely. He was holding his weight on both his arms placed on either side of her caging her in them. A sigh left her lips hearing him and she caressed his face.
"Well, that makes the two of us sweetheart" she giggled, throwing his own words back at him. A small smile came over his lips and he gave in, kissing her lips softly. She too held him around his neck pulling him down. He kissed her softly this time and finally moved away. She was still in a daze looking at him with that desire. He moved up sitting again.
"I want to kiss you more. I wanna do so much more but I won't" he spoke grumpily like a kid.
"I will not let you have the satisfaction of having me at the mercy of your hands" he said roughly rubbing her lips with his thumb.
"Idhar aao. Mere sath leto" she spoke lovingly, completely ignoring what he said and gesturing him to lie down next to her. There was very little space on the sofa but she moved to the side making way for him. He reluctantly got in to the tight space, his back pressed to the sofa cushions and his torso touching her side. He kept his legs on top of hers caging her in and threw his hand around her stomach. She smiled at how tight they were but none of them wanted it any other way. She started caressing his arm that was on her stomach, lightly. He just lied down looking at her beautiful face & taking in the feeling of how unarmed he gets in front of her. she moved her face to his side and their lips almost touched. She pressed a kiss to them. His hand started moving on her stomach.
"Why do you seem thinner?" he spoke.
"Hawww. Kya matlab? Apko mai wese moti lagti hoon kya?" she gasped angrily at him.
"Because you are thick" he spoke in his husky voice, his hand moving up. He slowly grabbed her breast and started rubbing her nub softly. She bit on her lip harshly to stop herself from moaning.
"So thick. So fucking hot" he rasped biting her ear.
"mmmm Sidharth" she whispered, desperately grabbing on to his arm. She wanted to kiss him so bad. He started placing kisses from her ear coming forward towards her lips.
"You make me so weak, so bloody weak" he mumbled in his sexy voice, placing kisses on her skin and playing around with her nipple. She removed his hand from her chest and entwined it with her hand placing a kiss to it. She could sense the desperation, the frustration, the anger in his tone and his behavior. So she let him do whatever he wanted to. He lifted his face a bit coming on top of hers and placed a peck to her lips, trying to punish her. He knew she wanted more. He then took her lower lip in his teeth lightly tugging at it, she winced the slightest bit but didn't look away from his intense gaze. He then kissed her lip and lied down again breathing heavily. She just turned her face towards him and placed a kiss to his cheek. His phone rang after a few minutes of silence and he cursed getting up.
"Fuck" he leaned towards the side, grabbing his phone from the table next to them. He answered the call sitting up. It was a work call she figured. She just lied there quietly playing with his free hand when the stomach cramps got worse. She felt the urge to throw up and she didn't want to panic him either so she tried holding it in and started to get up from the sofa. He already stood up and moved away so that he could talk freely. When she was unable to hold it, she ran towards the guestroom bare feet holding her stomach. Sidharth saw her running to the room and he frowned. He was still on the call but he sensed that something was wrong with her.
Sana ran in to the washroom and bent over the toilet throwing her guts out. She vomited and vomited gagging uncontrollably. When she finally felt that it was over, she took in a long breath and stood up moving to the sink washing and cleaning her mouth. She felt her legs giving away and she literally grabbed on to the sink. She washed her mouth wiping it away by the back of her hands and turned around to see him standing there with his arms crossed across his chest. His face seemed really angry, nostrils flaring.
"When were you going to tell me that you're not okay?" his stern and angry voice scared her and she gasped.