ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 254

ᴘᴇᴀᴋᴡᴇsᴛ : ᴛs | 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧

____________________________________

As the tournament kicked off, tension filled the air. The battleground was a circular arena, surrounded by towering stone walls and an audience of Heavenly clan members watching from above. The sky darkened as Hakai’s whistle echoed through the grounds, signaling the start of the fight.

Yuki’s eyes gleamed with a black aura, swirling like smoke as he tightened his grip on his sword.

Yuki: “I hope you’re ready, Manda. No more holding back.”

Manda smirked, his calm, calculating demeanor never wavering. His blue eyes glowed intensely, projecting an aura of icy precision.

Manda: “Let’s see what you’ve got.”

Esme’s red eyes glowed as he took a stance beside Yuki. His energy crackled in the air around him, a fierce and fiery power that reflected his determination.

Esme: “Bet.”

With that single word, the battle began.

Yuki was the first to strike, dashing forward with inhuman speed. His sword cut through the air, aimed directly at Manda’s chest. At the same moment, Esme circled around to flank, preparing to launch his own attack from the side.

Manda’s eyes flashed blue, and in an instant, he read both their movements. He sidestepped Yuki’s attack effortlessly, his body moving fluidly like water. He then spun, blocking Esme’s fiery strike with the back of his hand, sending sparks flying.

Manda: “Come on.”

Yuki gritted his teeth, his black aura swirling thicker around him. He unleashed a barrage of slashes, his sword moving so fast it blurred. Manda dodged each one, his movements calm and precise. Every step he took was deliberate, as if he was two steps ahead of both Yuki and Esme.

Esme: "Damn it."

Esme rushed in, fists igniting with red flames as he tried to catch Manda off guard. His punches came in quick succession, each one creating shockwaves of heat in the air. But Manda’s defense was impenetrable, every punch Esme threw being redirected or dodged.

Manda: “Elijah… You’ve got guts.”

In a flash, Manda’s blue aura surged. He grabbed Esme by the wrist, using his momentum to flip him over and slam him into the ground with a deafening crash. Dust kicked up from the impact, but Manda didn’t stop there. He raised his foot to stomp, aiming to finish Esme off in one move.

But before he could strike, Yuki intervened. His black aura flared violently as he lunged at Manda, locking blades with him in mid-air. The sound of metal clashing echoed through the arena as the two warriors pushed against each other, their auras clashing like opposing forces.

Yuki: “I’m not letting you take him out that easily!”

Manda smirked, pushing Yuki back with a sudden burst of strength. His blue eyes flashed with amusement as he stepped forward, his aura intensifying.

Manda: “You think you can stop me with that weak resolve, Yuki?”

Yuki’s eyes narrowed. He knew Manda was powerful, but he wasn’t backing down. Not now.

Esme, struggling to get up from the ground, clenched his fists. His body ached from the impact, but the fire in his eyes hadn’t dimmed. He wouldn’t give up—not now, not when the fight had just begun.

Esme (thinking): “I have to find a way.”

As Esme stood, his red aura flared back to life, stronger than before. He charged back into the fight, teaming up with Yuki once more.