Chapter 2

Jase's P.O.V

"Jase Please I really need to win this." My little sister Payton pleaded.

"Why do you wanna win it so bad?" I asked slightly getting annoyed.

"Because I want to make mom proud." She snapped back at me.

You see there's this hip-hop dance competition Payton wants to win so bad, and now we know why.

When she brought my mom into the subject I tensed. My mom died last year at my breakdance regionals competition. She was a breakdancer and inspired me to dance, but since she died I stopped. We didn't finish regional; we lost. Since then I slowly started to distance myself from my crew never really saw them again. They tried contacting me but I never really answered their text, or calls.

"Can you teach me ?!" She asked.

"No!" I said sternly. "She's Dead, now stop talking about it."

She flinched at my voice, and stepped back. I felt bad for talking to her like that.

I took a deep breath, "Im sorry, I'll find someone to teach you." I said.

"Really?!" She asked lighting up.

"Yes."

"Promise?"

"I promise"

She ran over to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking around downtown Miami and heard music. People were cirlced around something or someone. I got closer to see what happened. There was a group of people dancing, the guy in the middle started with a back flip. They reminded me of my crew. I shook my head out of those thoughts. I watched and notice this girl, she was smiling brightly, which got me to smile. She was beautiful. She had gold brown hair with a bo tying it. She was wearing black sweatpants and a UK flag-printed tank top. She looked like she has Latin blood.

As the song ended and people started leaving I came foward and layed a 100 bucks in the hat.

The guy in the middle stepped foward.

"Nah man, we can't accept that,"

"No I insist. You guys were awsome." I responded.

I notice that the Latin girl was checking me out. "Like what your seeing?"

She was going to respond but the girl next to her interupted her.

"I sure as hell do!". The Latin girl elbowed her."OW!". They looked at each other and Latin girl scowled at her. "What?!, You can't deny he is hot".

"Latoya!!" Latin girl warned.

''Okay fine." She responded.

Latin girl turned to me "I've seen better,"

I was surprised that she even bothered to answer. I stared at her.

The guy that was in the middle cleared his throat making the both of us, and the crew look at him. "Anyways, thanks we owe you."

"Yeah" They all agreed. I frowned and denied.

"No you don't."

"If you say so." Middle guy said. "Thanks." They were turning to go. But...

"Wait!" I said eagerly.

They all turned to me. "Can I atleast know the name of your crew, and your names?"