Chapter 4

4 hours past and it was finally time for lunch. I went to Latoya's locker . She came 3 minutes later. We greeted each other and made our way to the cafeteria. Ethan came behind us and slung his arm around me and Latoya.

"So how are my two favorite girls doing?!" He asked.

"We are doing just fine." I said.

"You know there was this really hot girl checking me out, and I told her to back-off by saying I already have my girls." Ethan said.

We chuckled.

"Okay, what do you want?" We both asked at the same time.

"Why would you guys think I want something?" He asked.

We gave him a flat look.

"You really think we would believe that you told a hot girl to back-off for us?!" Latoya asked.

"Why wouldn't I?"

We gave him another flat look.

"Okay, okay I need 10 bucks." He said.

"Why?"

"Because I forgot my lunch."

"Fine." We gave him each 5 bucks, and continued our way to the cafeteria.

We came in the crowded place full of crazy , wild teenagers. Ethan went to buy his lunch while we meet up with the others. We have our usual table, but sometimes we go on the field's bleachers. I see Megan, Devon, and Tyler waving at us. We went over just as Ethan joined us. Jared is the only one of us who graduated. He is in college, yet his best friends are still the guys of the crew.

We saw them standing. We gave them questioning looks.

"We decided that we should sit outside today." Tyler said as if answering our looks.

We nodded and headed outside.

There, we sat on the bleachers and ate in a peaceful silence, and I watched the football getting yelled by the coach. I cracked a smile. The coach was literally red, it's hilarious.

Megan broke the silence. "So what are you gonna do?" She asked me and the guys looked at me with total confusion on their faces.

"What is she gonna do about what?" Devon asked.The other guys looked at me waiting for my answer.

"She got an offer to teach this guy's little girl how to dance. In return she gets 25 000$." Latoya said.

"What?!" They all said together.

"I said, she-" Ethan interrupted her.

"We know what you said. Wait someone is gonna give you 25 000$ ?"

"No because I decided to not call him." I said.

"Why not, you need the money."

He were right, I needed the money. My family is not rich, I mean at all. My father works, my big brother works, and even I work. My dad wants us to have a great future so he sent Jared to one big and kind of expensive college, and with my mom being in an intoxicating center, its not easy.

"I know but I don't have time, and I feel like....I just won't call." I insisted.

"Are you sure?" Devon asked.

"I guess." I said.

They all nodded. Just then the bell rang.

"Okay guys see you later."

"Bye." They all chanted together. I left to the only class I didn't have with any of them.

English lit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The final bell rang and I rushed to my locker. I put my books in my locker, and soon after Latoya came. "You're working today right?" she asked me.

"Yeah are you?"

"Yes, omg it's been a long time we haven't worked at the same time."

"Indeed it has." I said with a fake English accent.

"Hun, please don't talk like that , I like my Spanish girl better." She said with a smiled.

I responded with a smile."And I love my black girl." We linked our arms together, and made our way outside. Tyler came to us.

"You guys want us to walk you to work."

"Nah, you guys go home." I said.

"Well looks like I'll be walking you guys, cause I'm working too." Megan said.

"Great, but we'll have to make a stop, I need to pick up Nathan."

They nodded and we all went our ways.

At the middle school I saw Nathan getting out just as I came. He had his head down and people looked at him as if he was a freak. Did I mentioned he is dyslexic? Still, they have no right to treat him like that. A boy came next to him pushed him.

"Hey kid!" I called out and to the little boy. He turned around. "Yeah you. What do you think your doing?"

"Who are you?" He asked me.

"You don't need to know, what you need to know is that if you don't leave my brother alone, than your teacher is gonna know about this and you're gonna get in some serious trouble do you understand?"

Now he looked frightened, so he nodded and ran away.

"And that goes for all of you." I continued to the crowd that gathered around.

"Yah leave my lil bro alone." Latoya alone, and Megan glared at each of them.

With that we turned and left.

************************************************************************************************************

Hey yall yeah here I am so thats it for today tell me what you thought about it I know this is short but yeah.

comment :)

-Anonymous.