Chapter 3

Jasmine's P.O.V

We arrived home and I went straight to see my little brother with Jared following after me. We were always the one to tell him goodnight and put him to sleep. In his room I saw him  reading a book.

"Hey time to go to sleep." I knocked 2 times while telling him to go to sleep.

"Yeah don't wanna wake up and feel tired for school now, do you?" Jared added.

''But I don't want to, kids there are mean to me.'' Nathan said.

''Do you want me to teach them a lesson?'' Jared asked. As you can see Jared is the protective brother. On my first date he was even here. He says that I should watch out for guys because good guys that care and love you are really rare. But I was glad he was here after all, and I regret not listening to him in the first place, because the douche bag I called my boyfriend cheated on me with almost all the girls in school except Megan and Latoya. He tried but they both beat him up for even asking. For some girls they are tough. Well after that the guys of the crew and Jared taught him a lesson.

''Jared,'' I scowled, as I whispered to him. ''They're children you can't just come and 'teach them a lesson,'" I quoted the teach them a lesson part.

"Why not? If they are bothering my little bro, I'm gonna do something about it." He whispered back to me.

"I'll talk to them and his teachers."

"Fine."

We turned back to Nathan.

"Come on Nate let's go, time for bed." I said.

"Fine."

He passed by me and onto the bed I ruffled his hair and gave him a good night kiss. Jared did the same and we left his room.

"Where's dad?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know, anyway I'm tired. Good night sis." He gave me a kiss on the temple and went to his room.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a cup and filled it with water. At the same time I heard the front door open.

"Dad?" I asked.

"Honey? Why are you still up?" He asked back.

"I was waiting for you. Why are you so late?"

"I had to work double shift." He replied.

"Why?" I questioned.

"It's getting late you need to go to sleep, you have school tomorow." He changed the subject.

"Fine but please tell me tommorow." I said.

"Goodnight Sweety." He change the subject again. I hated when he did that. It meant that something bad was going on. But for tonight I will let it go.

"Goodnight dad." I left to go to my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning. I chose my clothes and went off to the bathroom. I took a shower, washed my hair, and dried up. I got dressed and went to Nathan's room.

Knock knock. I went in.

"Hey, time to wake up."

He groaned but eventually woke up. I walked over to Jared's room.

Knock Knock.

"You too, time to wake up."

He groaned and threw a pillow at me "Get out."