Chapter 12

Jase's P.O.V.:

                        We arrived at my place soon after just to have Payton barging me with her questions.

               "Where were you? You know I don't like it when Boyce picks me up with the limo it draws too much attention to myself and you know how I don't like attention. Even Cameron backed away a bit. Now I'm sure he thinks that he is not good enough for me." She looked beside me and saw Jaz. Her mood went from furious to a genuine smile. "Oh hey Jasmine."

              Jasmine was about to speak, but I interrupted her. "Okay first, I'm sorry okay I had detention." I paused. She muttered something that sounded like 'no surprise there'. I continued. " And I'm glad that guy backed away from you he was getting to close anyways. I don't like him. And his damn right not good enough for you."

               "You don't even know him."

               "I know enough that I don't want you two together." I said.

              "Stop being so overprotective, your not dad." She said irritated.

           "Yeah, cause dad is doing a good job at being one." I said sarcastically with venom in my voice. "Its not like his ever there anyways."

              She gasped and I finally look at her in the eyes. Thats when I see that I crossed the line. She had a soft spot for dad; they used be really close. Even when he distanced himself  from us she still loved him as much. I, on the other hand was closer to my mom; though I loved him alot. Then when he started coming home later at night, and staying into his office for nights, and sometimes days, we would barely see him in the morning or at night. Once he even came back home drunk at night, it was a good thing Payton was sleeping, I couldnt let her see him like that; she would be scared and devastated. So, as the days pass we would see him less, and he would leave money on the table, and would tell Martha to give it to us in the morning. Then my feelings went numb when it came to my father, as for Payton well she still hopes he'll come back to his sences and we'll be like before. I always try to tell her that he won't, but she has this glint in her eye that you simply don't want gone.

               She slowly nodded, and looked at Jasmine quickly. "I'll be in the studio." She left without another word.

                 I glanced down at Jasmine, she just stood there looking puzzled. I guess she didn't think that I also had problems of my own. I sighed quietly and unlock my fingers from hers, detached our hands. I felt guilty, because I made my sister sad, but I was also angry. "I think you know your way by now." I said and walked away to my room.

                    "Yeah thanks." I faintly heard before I shut the door.

Jasmine's P.O.V.:

               I flinched as he shut the door, quiet hard if I may add. I did feel a bit uncomfortable as I stood in the middle of their 'arguement'. But at least I got a clue into why Jase and his father barely acknowledge each other back at the cafe. I dont know everything, but I get an idea. I didnt know their fight would turn out like that. 

                    I slowly walked foward into this hallway when I was met with the same lady I saw last time I came here. I jumped,

                      "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She wore a slight frown of concern on her face.

                   "No, its alright....."

                       "Martha." She confirmed for me witha smile.